TANGLED UP IN BLUE

"I cannot believe you disposed of those vampires without me." Rebekah pouted as she watched the now empty front courtyard. "You know how I love to set things on fire!"

"Was I supposed to leave them in the front yard to rot?" Klaus asked as he leaned against the wall with his arms crossed. Nat was leaning on the doorway of the study, watching both Originals bicker. "Besides, they were my responsibility. They attacked the helpless pregnant girl who's carrying my child." Klaus' lips tugged up in a sarcastic smile and Nat rolled her eyes playfully.

"Oh, I am so moved by your new-found sense of fatherly duties towards the werewolf carrying your hybrid bun in her oven." Rebekah told his brother just as Hayley joined them in the foyer with one of Elijah's old journals hugged against her chest.

"The werewolf would like to know what the plan is." She said, looking between the three of them.

"Well, that depends what plan you mean, love." Klaus smiled at her. "My plan for global domination or Rebekah's plan to find love in a cruel, cruel world?" Rebekah smiled at him before grabbing a thin brush from the desk and throwing it in the hybrid's direction. Before it could embed itself in his face, Klaus caught it and looked at his sister amused.

"The plan to rescue Elijah." Hayley sighed. "You know, Nat's boyfriend, the good brother? The one who is now in the possession of your mortal enemy after you stabbed him in the back?" Hayley glared at him at the last part.

"In the front, if we're being specific." Klaus corrected her and his lips curved up into a smirk.

"You three said that you would get him back." Hayley motioned between Nat, Klaus and Rebekah. "So is there a plan, or what?" The two Originals and Nat looked at each other and the hybrid walked to the study, sitting down on the chair as Nat and Rebekah stood by the doorway with Hayley.

"Okay. Well, firstly, Marcel is not my mortal enemy, he's my friend. Albeit one who is unaware that I'm trying to sabotage his hold over the supernatural community of the French Quarter, but a friend nonetheless." Klaus said out loud and Hayley frowned. "And secondly, I daggered Elijah in order to gain Marcel's trust. If I had known he would place my brother in the hands of a particularly nasty teenage witch, I certainly would have weighed my options a bit differently. And thirdly." He turned to Nat and gestured for her to speak. "Natalia, please."

"And thirdly, the plan, as you have demanded, is for Niklaus to simply ask Marcel for Elijah back." She piped up and Hayley looked between her and Klaus incredulous.

"That's... that's not the whole plan, is it?"

"Please." Rebekah scoffed. "Klaus may be a miserable excuse for a sibling, but there is none more diabolical." She told the werewolf with a cheeky smile.

"And that's only the Plan A, love." Klaus got Hayley's attention again. "There's always a Plan B."

"And what's Plan B?" She asked slowly, seemingly afraid of the answer. Klaus smiled mischievously and stared at her right in the eye.

"War."