XXIII

˜”*°• La Papessa •°*”˜

The quartet finally managed to return home safely and Nova wasted no more time and went straight to his quarters, Libertá sighed at the bluenette's withdrawal.

"Seriously, what's wrong with that guy?"

Felicità could merely shrug at his question, the blonde then grinned at the two ladies in front of him.

"Welp, gotta go, I have work to do in the morning. Good night, (Y/n)-sama, good night, Princess!"

And with that, he jogged off to god knows where, not that (Y/n) really cares. She let out a breath and turn to her sister.

"You too should get some rest, sorella, you've been busy today."

The eldest affectionately caressed her siblings head, Felicità nodded and bid a good night to her older sister, to which (Y/n) bid her back.

"I'll see you in the morning, onee-sama."

The (h/c)-nette waved a hand as she her sister's retreating figure.

Soon, (Y/n) found herself inside her chambers. The night was still young and she wanted to do something aside from sleeping early.

Perhaps she'll continue to read that book she had been dying to finish about?

Nah.

She's not gonna do that. She's gonna take a stroll in the garden, all this day was so busy to her, maybe a quick stroll in the night will give her mind a little break.

"Maybe I'll do that."

The night was cold but fortunately she was wearing her overcoat so the cold wasn't bothering her that much. As soon as she step foot in the garden, she can hear someone cry out.

"S-Someone! Please help me!"

And she can all familiarly tell who was screaming in the night. Holding back a giggle, she trotted along to find the source of the sound.

"Oh— it's just you, Luca."

She looked up, and there she saw her attendant, hugging the tree branch for life. Luca's ears perked up at the sound of her voice.

"M-Milady! You're here!"

Boy sounded relieved, tears were practically streaming down his face. (Y/n) could merely sweatdropped at the sight.

"Luca, what's the meaning of this?"

"It feels like this branch will break if I move!"

(Y/n) grimaced at his tone, and how on earth did he get up ther— oh yeah, he tried to get the kitten down before it jumped down and ran to her.

"..."

How long was he up there?

"Were you up there this whole time?"

She received a nod from him.

Poor guy.

"Calm down, Luca."

But Luca did the opposite of what she said, he panicked even more. "Why don't you jump down?" She asked.

"I could hurt myself." He cried.

"Just jump down, you idiot. What's a little fall gonna do to you?"

The ravenette vigorously shook his head. "No!" Good God, how was this man a part of the Arcana Famiglia?

"Luca, you are literally 3ft off the ground! It's not like you'll break a leg or someth—"

Cue— the branch broke.