˜”*°• La Papessa •°*”˜

After the celebration, (Y/n) retired for the evening. While Debito, Pace and Luca were still up, chatting along the night.

"There's no way I'd get married," Debito placed his hands at the back of his head as he leaned back in his seat.

"But I wouldn't mind being bound with bella."

Debito licked his lips as he smirked at the thought of him being the husband of (Y/n). He daydreamed at the thought of the (h/n)-nette during their honeymoon. Such a daydream slightly aroused him.

"And the way she confronted 'Papa', damn..."

All of a sudden, Luca stood up from his seat, slamming his hands on the table. The valet gritted his teeth in irritation.

"Debito, how dare you?!" He yelled.

Unfazed, Pace hummed, capturing Luca's attention. "I'm sure everyday would be fun if Fiore were my wife." Pace won't admit it, but he was very disgusted when Debito started to think such immoral notions about (Y/n).

Sure she's stunning, but sometimes he had a feeling that he would gouge out people's eyes if they dare to stare at her.

"Pace, you too?"

Both of them were angering Luca greatly. How can they say such things so casually. Both of them aren't a gentleman like him, Luca thought.

Then Pace asked Luca what he plans to do about the Arcana Duello. "I will cheer on both miladies!" The attendant says while raising a fist.

Debito then tells him that anyone with an arcana has to participate, to Luca's dismay, he was forced to obey.

"Despite how beautiful bella can be, she is a heartless woman." Debito's eye stared at the ceiling.

"However, that's what make her captivating."

In another room, Dante and Jolly were talking about the event that occurred. "Mondo has thought up something rather absurd." The former says as he toys his glass of beverage.

"I'm getting all excited thinking of milady as my bride."

Jolly teased as he noticed that Dante tensed up a bit. "Jolly, you..." And Dante almost fell for it. The family adviser told him that he'll will not lose the Arcana Duello, if he takes it seriously that is.

Meanwhile, (Y/n) was inside her room with Mariella helping her prepare for the night. The girl took off her outfit, she lightly shivered when her bare skin was exposed.

Mariella helped her master slipped into her nightgown. The maid adjusted a few ruffles before stepping aside, bowing her head slightly.

"Mariella,"

The said maid hummed, "Yes?"

"What's the first thing to pop up in your mind when you hear the word marriage?"

Mariella was caught off guard by the question but she didn't thought too much into it. She then immediately came up with an answer.

"White doves."

"Doves?"

(Y/n) really didn't expect her to say the word 'White doves' but she nonetheless answered her question. The dame thoughts about it for a second and of course, the maid's answer made sense.

Doves symbolize love, peace, happiness, and prosperity, and they are to be released outside once the couple leave the ceremony area. Such birds were said to signify the bride and the groom and the many challenges they'll face in the future together.

But that wasn't the answer she had in mind. Mariella stared at her master for a moment before speaking.

"What about you, milady? What comes through your mind?"

It was the brunette's turn to ask. (Y/n) turned her head to face her servant and answered Mariella with a straight face.

"Commitment."

Before she could even reply, a knock on the door interrupted the both of them. The person who knocked, peeked their head through the door.

"Um..sorry to disturb you, milady. But Mariella, Madame Sumire wants you to prepare her evening tea."

The intruder revealed herself to be Isabella as she timidly fidgeted with the hem of her skirt. Mariella nodded her head at her fellow workmate, then bowed and excused herself before leaving the room with Isabella.

(Y/n) stretched her limbs as she approached her king-sized bed and collapsed onto it.

.

.

.

"Finally, I can temporarily die."