XXII

˜”*°• La Papessa •°*”˜

(Y/n) turned around to see who was calling her name. She was met with Federica.

The blonde was wearing her usual tiny hat and blue dress, her turquoise eyes were filled with worry.

The (h/c)-nette could tell what's the source of her worried look.

"Oh, Federica."

The blonde woman started to approach her and once she did, she gave both (Y/n)'s cheeks tiny pecks of kisses and the latter did the same to her.

It was a customary greeting.

"What brings you here?"

Federica let out a breath, "My Fran has been missing all day and I can't find her." Her hands clutched her chest, which was revealing.

(Y/n) merely stared at her and sighed in frustration, "Oh what a tragedy." She gave her a fake sympathy, she was already tired of the day and this mess was not helping her relax.

"Fran, oh my fran, where could you be..." The blonde lightly sobbed and pitifully tried to wipe her tears away.

(Y/n) rolled her eyes and grabbed Federica's wrist, "Let's go to your shop, maybe will find the kitten there." And with that, both of them strode to Federica's shop.

Soon they both arrived, Federica was worriedly pacing back and forth while (Y/n) was just merely staring into space.

She was occupied with her thoughts.

'Could they already have come here?'

'Did we came early than them?'

'Debito said they would be here.'

'Have they left already?'

'Or—'

"My Fran isn't here, (Y/n)."

Federica interrupted her train of thoughts, she stared at the blonde for a moment before leaning back into her seat.

"Calm down Freddy," She closed her eyes and Federica stared her with a questioning look. And what's with the sudden nickname?

It's had been a while since she have last heard that silly nickname of hers.

"They'll be here soon, so stop worrying and calm down."

Her turquoise eyes lingered on the (h/c)-nette's figure for a moment before opening her mouth to say something.

The door of her shop suddenly opened, interrupting her from what was she about to say. Her eyes then turned to to reveal who interrupted her.

And it revealed to be the trio (Y/n) had been waiting for. The trio revealed to be Felicità, Nova and Libertá. Which were all tired from searching far and wide of white-kitten's owner.

"Took you long enough." (Y/n) propped her chin on her palm and boredly looked at the three. She sighed and stood up from her seat.

She patted Felicità's head, "But you three did a good job." She praised. Her (e/c) eyes was met with Nova's and Libertá's.

"Oh Fran...!"

The kitten ran out of the red head's arms and jumped into Federica's.

"I was worried sick about you, you know."

The blonde sighed in relief, she softly caressed her kitten's fur and purred in response.

"Nya~!"

(Y/n) let out a small yawn, the four of them were now walking back to the mansion. Felicità and (Y/n) were walking side by side and behind them were Nova and Libertá.

The red head was also carrying a box with a dress inside, courtesy of Federica.

It was a silent walk, until Libertá spoke up. "Oh man, it feels good to be able to help those in need." Felicità looked back to face him.

"It was your Arcana powers, the reason we get see her smiling face was because of your powers."

And he was right, they were able to find the owner because Felicità looked into the kitten's heart. It took them a while though, she could use some work on that, (Y/n) thought.

"You're so naive." The bluenette remarked.

"What—?"

"I told you didn't I? Do not go looking into others hearts without permission." He scolded.

(Y/n) could almost laugh, imagine asking permission on a cat. She almost let out a chuckle but she managed to hold it in.

"Why do you have to be such an ass and say it like that?"

By now, the four of them had stopped walking.

"I don't speak cat so I don't know how it felt, but do you think that there's a single person who wouldn't feel uncomfortable if you did that to them?" The bluenette scolded.

The only single person the (h/c)-nette could think of was Nova. He was in denial when Felicità accidentally looked into his heart.

"But we're going to have to win in the upcoming Arcana Duello, we don't have a choice."

Boy can say it so sternly, (Y/n) sighed in exhaustion, she was had almost forgot that such a stupid event exist.

"Chill dude, where did that come from..."

"And because of that, it's true we need to strengthen our Arcana powers, the only way to do that is to learn to control your powers on your own free will, once you do that,"

Nova paused, his eyes stared at the female behind the red head, he gave out a smile that was almost unnoticeable but (Y/n) caught it.

And she was not surprised.

He walked past the girls, leaving one red head stunned.

(Y/n) patted her sister's head, breaking her out of her trance. Her emerald eyes stared at her older sister and the latter smiled.

"He's right you know, well about the training part at least. But you get the gist, train hard darling and we both can prove to 'Papa' we're not something he can control."

She started moving forward and moments later, her sister followed. Leaving the blonde all to himself.

"That's some woman."

He whispered in pure bliss.

He chuckled and raced after them.

.

.

.

"Hey, wait for me!"