VII

˜"*°• La Papessa •°*"˜

(Y/n) sweatdropped at the sight in front of her. She lets out a breath, honestly, this day couldn't get any worse.

"Does that mean you were thinking of lady (Y/n) in unbecoming ways?!"

"Luca"

Luca cuts off (Y/n) and angrily pointed at Libertà for thinking such things about the (h/c)-nette.

Libertà's face flushed into a pink colour. He was nonplussed at the sudden question.

"The hell do you mean 'unbecoming ways'?!"

"W-Well..."

Then the valet's face turned completely red, smokes were coming out of his ears. Suddenly, Felicità swiftly gave him hard kick, resulting into smashing Luca's face to a nearby pillar.

"My apologies, milady..."

"My condolences." Debito says, unamused. Felicità fixes herself as (Y/n) pats her head, signifying that Felicità did a good job.

"Hey!"

All eyes were fixated at Pace as he announced that Dante's going to give his greeting. After his little speech greeting, Mondo and Sumire descended from the stairs.

Everyone cheered and applauded at the sight 'Papa', it was like he's some sort of celebrity, which he kinda was. (Y/n) furtively rolled her (e/c) eyes.

Mondo then starts to deliver his speech, it was just about the Island at first but then he started to talk about his retirement, which caught everyone off guard. Though Jolly seemed unfazed.

"Papa?/What?"

Everyone couldn't believe what they were hearing. Mondo, retiring? Just what is he up to? Mondo opened his mouth as he continued to speak.

"Therefore, I am considering choosing someone to take my place."

(Y/n) already knew where his words were going. And she doesn't like it one bit.

Unconsciously, her arcana slowly starts to activate. Felicità, lovingly rubs her sister's back in a circular motion.

The red head, however, was not aware that she unknowingly halted (Y/n)'s arcana by comforting her. The latter relaxed at her sister's touch.

"In two months, we will be holding the Arcana Duello." He continues, proclaiming that an Arcana Duello will be held in two months to determine his successor, stating that the winner will become 'Papa'.

And since he had the 21st card, Il Mondo: The World, he swore that he would grant the victor's wish. Then everybody started to cheer again.

"One more thing." He paused. (Y/n) caught a glimpse of her mother, Sumire, who's eyes were staring at the ground. Then she had a feeling that her father will mention her name.

"The winner will marry my eldest daughter, (Y/n)."

The said girl almost choked on her saliva. (Y/n) stared at her father at disbelief.

Mondo caught her daughter's stare, he eyed her as he continues to speak.

"And Felicità will marry one of our trade partner's son."

Her (e/c) coloured eyes gaped a bit. He was willing to send his daughters off? What kind of a man is he? Did he not love them as his children?

Mondo smirked, while everyone was taken back. Whispers and murmurs filled the main lobby. This day was supposed to a happy birthday, but now all (Y/n)'s efforts on organising a party was repaid by this.

.

.

.

"I organized a party and this is the thanks I got."