XIV

˜”*°• La Papessa •°*”˜

15 years ago

Sumire neatly placed a white tablecloth to cover the wooden table while humming a tune as she was doing her work.

Mondo, who was grinning ear to ear, approached his wife. He gently placed a hand on her shoulder, which startled the woman.

"Goodness! Oh, you startled me."

"Oops, my bad."

Mondo chuckled at his wife's reaction. He leaned and gave her a kiss on the cheek. Sumire giggled and playfully slapped his face away from her.

"You wound me, my dear."

"Oh shush."

"Ew..."

Their eldest daughter was displeased at their little display of affections. Mondo laughed at his daughter, he then bend down to her height and made grabby hand motions at her.

"Aw, c'mere you. No need to be jelly."

"No papa, that disgusting."

(Y/n) looked at her father with pure disgust, causing Mondo to sulk in a corner. Muttering some words about how his own daughter doesn't like him.

She rolled her eyes at his antics while her mother softly giggled at the two.

"I'm leaving now, mama."

With that, (Y/n) left the room. Leaving the couple to their thoughts.

"You know sometimes I wonder, how on earth did we raise a child like her?"

"I'm pretty sure she has your genes, darling."

That night, the (h/c)-nette tossed and turned in her sleep. Her form was shaking and shivering, her breathing was uneven.

(Y/n) jolted awake, bullets of sweat covered her figure, her (e/c) eyes were wide. She tried to ease her breath, sucking a lot of air. It was as if she was having an asthma attack.

Suddenly, her mother burst through the doors, Sumire rushed to her side and helped her daughter to calm down.

"That's right, breathe in and breathe out. Easy does it now."

Slowly, (Y/n) starts to recover her breath. She clung to the older woman as if her life depended on it. Soon, tiny droplets fell on the bed sheets. It took a moment to realize that the girl was crying.

"I had a weird dream, mama."

Sumire hugged her and whispered softly in her ear.

"It's alright now, I'm here. Mommy's here."

Pulling away, (Y/n) looked at her mother while still sobbing. She touched her mother's face and then...

Her left eye faintly glowed a magenta hue.

Everything around her, floated in mid air. Her bed, her drawers, even Sumire. The older woman gasped and was bewildered at what she was experiencing.

Loud clattering of footsteps caught Sumire's attention, she looked down and saw her husband along with the family's advisor barged in the room.

"What the...?!"

Both men were shocked to see what they saw inside, Sumire, (Y/n) and the furnitures in the room were all up in the air.

"M-Mondo!"

His wife called out, breaking him out of his trance. "What happened here..?" Jolly muttered. His eyes were wide, then, unexpectedly, everything started to drop down.

Sumire shut her eyes, screamed, hugged her daughter tightly and braced for the impact. Mondo rushed to save the mother and daughter and he was able to do so.

Everything dropped down causing a loud thud. Jolly ran to them, checking to see if the family was alright and to his relief they were.

Sumire and Mondo looked at each other before looking down at their little girl. She sniffles as she clung on to her mother.

Sumire gently pulled away from (Y/n) and the adults gasped at what they saw.

.

.

.

"She made a deal with an Arcana...?!"