One

"Kat? You up?" Charlie's voice drifted into Katherine's room.

"Unfortunately," Katherine shoved her pillow over her head.

"We're gonna be late picking up your sister if you lay in bed any longer," Charlie smiled at the girl.

"Can't she just run really fast from Port Angeles," Katherine joked.

"Yeah, your sister running," Charlie scoffed. "Come on, Kit. Up up."

"Fine but I'm wearing my pj's till we get back," Katherine shoved her pillow off and wrapped her blanket around herself. "Saturdays are meant for sleep and mindless TV. Bella should consider herself lucky."

Charlie was chuckling as he walked down the stairs listening to Katherine rant on about the change in their typical Saturday.

"Why didn't she come on a Monday? I could do with missing school on a Monday. P.E. as a first period is just torture. I'm sweaty and gross all day," Katherine whined as she got into the back of the police cruiser.

"You don't have to sit there till we get Bella," Charlie watched the young teen.

"I know but if I don't make it comfortable now then I'll feel like a criminal the whole way home. If I'm gonna feel like a criminal I should at least commit a crime. Maybe I'll rob a bank," Katherine pushed her blanket around till the seats were covered comfortably.

"Nope. No bank robbing and no crime committing," Charlie smiled as he got into the driver's seat.

"Fine, I'll settle for bonfires on the rez with the Blacks," Katherine put her seat belt on.

***

"You have a crush on Bella," Katherine sang to Jacob.

"No I don't," Jacob blushed but kept his eyes on his homework.

"Yeah you do. It's why you got all sad when it was just me at the door," Katherine teased.

"You're supposed to be helping me with my English homework not annoying me," Jacob finally looked over at Katherine.

"What kind of best friend would I be if I didn't annoy you," Katherine joked.

"A better one," Jacob mumbled as he went back to writing his essay.

"I'm hungry. Pizza or sandwich?" Katherine asked as she headed to the kitchen.

"Pizza," Jacob said as a knock sounded at the door.

"I'll get it. Finish your essay so we can swap and spell check," Katherine walked to the door and opened it only to reveal Embry and Quil. "Homework?" Both Quil and Embry showed Katherine their bags. "Then you may enter. I'm about to order pizza."

"Sausage and pepperoni?" Embry questioned.

"Always," Katherine shoved Quil away from her as he made faces at her while moving closer. "Jake, your boyfriend."

"Quil, leave her alone man. One day she's gonna kick your ass," Jacob warned. "And I'll laugh and just watch."

"Yeah right, Swan princess couldn't catch me if she tried," Quil quickly responded.