Eleven

"I'm gonna kill her," Katherine growled. "I mean she does realize she could have died, right?"

Emily nodded, "we should get to the Clearwater's house."

"Oh yeah, I almost forgot about Harry. I feel bad for his kids," Katherine sighed as she grabbed the food off the counter.

"Me too. Poor Sue, I couldn't imagine being in her place," Emily headed out the door with Katherine following behind her.

***

She left. Bella just left.

"Where'd she go, Jake?" Katherine asked quietly as she looked up at Sam. "Sam," Katherine nodded her head towards the door.

Katherine and Sam left the Clearwater's house. "What's going on?" Sam asked.

"Jake said Bella left. I need you to figure out what happened. He's shutting me out," Katherine scoffed. Sam nodded before heading to the woods and shifting.

I'll explain later. Tell the others to get Emily home safely.

"Fine," Katherine muttered as she walked back into the house.

After her condolences she told the remaining wolves of Sam's orders. Emily and the others gave their condolences and left Charlie with Sue. Charlie had his concerns but knew she was safe with Emily.

***

"No, I'm still gonna stay with Jake. He's having a hard time right now and needs a friend," Katherine said.

"Okay," Charlie sounded defeated.

"Stop worrying, dad. Bella will be home before you know it and you can ground her till she's 35," Katherine joked.

"She's gonna be grounded a whole lot longer than that. How's Sue? I feel bad that I couldn't be there today," Charlie sighed.

"The whole rez is constantly helping her out. And you're here every free second you get. She's as good as one would expect. I have to go, dad. Love you," Katherine said.

"Love you too, kid," Charlie said before hanging up.

"Charlie again?" Emily asked as she looked over from her kitchen.

"Yeah. He's just worried that's all," Katherine stopped talking and stood frozen. "Somethings not right."

Katherine made her way outside and it was like a wave of anxiety and fear overwhelmed her. She quickly dropped down into a ball and covered her ears. The wind picked up as she began muttering to herself.

"Kat?" Emily placed her hand on Katherine only to remove it due to how hot Katherine's skin is.

"Go back inside, Emily," Sam said as he cautiously walked closer to Katherine. "Katherine."

"Everything hurts and it's too loud," Katherine looked up at Sam. He backed up slightly when he noticed her eyes flash gold "Please, make it stop."

"You have to breathe, Katherine," Sam tried.

Embry rushed over to her and tried to get close to her only to be thrown back away from her. Katherine screamed as it felt like her skin was on fire. The panicked voices got louder in her head.