Fourteen

"You smell like them," Leah scoffed.

"Sorry. I was with Bella and the Cullens this morning," Katherine explained.

"It's not safe for you to be around them," Leah sighed as she sat on her bed.

"Funny, they say the same thing about you guys," Katherine shrugged. "I'll take my chances."

"Go shower before I barf," Leah threw a towel at Katherine.

"Yes, mom," Katherine teased before walking out of the room.

***

Katherine was tightly holding on to Seth as he took them to the campsite. His warmth almost made her want to remove some of the layers of clothes she had on.

I still wish you would have stayed with Emily.

"Yeah well, I wish you would stop harping on that. Besides, I can protect myself," Katherine rolled her eyes as they came to a stop.

We're here.

Katherine slid off Seth and stood next to him. He moved towards the tent Bella was in. Bella came out of the tent and paused when she saw Seth.

"Right. Hey, Seth," Bella greeted.

"Seth says his hellos," Katherine told her sister.

"It's still weird. Knowing you can hear them. That your connected to them like they are to each other," Bella shook her head.

"Maybe for you. But for me, it's just normal. I'd feel empty without them," Katherine ran her hand over Seth's head.

"Where's Jacob? Did he already-" Bella started to ask Edward as he walked up.

"Not yet," Edward said as he made his way next to Bella. "He's checking to see if the woods are clear before he goes."

Edward looked over at Seth who walked away. Katherine sighed before heading in the opposite direction.

"I'm just gonna-" Katherine pointed to a nearby tree. She pretend to not be able to hear what they were saying. That was the case until she heard Jacob's voice.

"You're marrying him?" Jacob asked through his teeth.

"Jake, I-" Bella took a step closer to Jacob before looking back at Edward. "You knew he was listening!"

"He deserves to know," Edward said before looking over at Katherine.

Don't you dare tell him!

Jacob walked away causing Bella to move to go after him, "Jake, stop!"

"Bella, let him-," Edward grabbed Bella's arm to stop her.

"Don't!" Bella turned back and yelled at Edward.

"Jake, stop!" Bella yells as she follows after Jacob.

"Can't say you didn't deserve that one," Katherine stood with her arms crossed. "I swear if you so much as mutter-"

"I won't say anything," Edward said.