Twenty-Four

"I'm surprised you took a break from Jedi training," Jacob told Bella as Katherine and Renesmee communicated in their own special way.

Since Katherine became a half vampire her abilities have become more then what she had before. She could hear the wolf but if she focused they could hear her too. She'd also learned she could hear the vampires if she began to lose focus. Edward helped her alot in learning how to control it and even shut it out. With Renesmee the two would quietly communicate so they could keep their secrets and share their favorite memories. Benjamin helped her with the elements but the two learned he could only help so much. He controlled four elements. She commanded nature. Renesmee seemed to be listening to Bella and Jacob.

"Mae," Katherine scolded. "It's not nice to snoop on conversations that aren't ours."

"Then why do you do it?" Renesmee asked.

"You- I don't."

"Didn't you say lying is bad?"

"You lose the title of favorite niece."

"But I'm your only niece."

Katherine laughed and so did Renesmee.

"I'm sorry. I know. They're the good guys," Jacob said causing Bella to make a face. "But come on, Dracula one and two are."  Jacob made a face causing him and Bella to start chuckling. "Creepy."

The car pulled up to Charlie's house. Katherine saw Charlie and Sue, who is holding Dakota, leaving the house to greet them. Renesmee quickly exited the vehicle and ran to her grandfather. Katherine moved to stand next to Bella as the two had a smile on their faces. They watched the interaction between the two. As Charlie was talking to Renesmee she moved to look at her cousin who she adored.

"Come on inside. Lunch is on the table," Sue told them.

"We got a tree to decorate, huh?" Charlie told Renesmee.

"I've actually got a few errands to run, guys. I'll be back soon, okay?" Bella spoke up.

"I'm going with Bella," Katherine said as she walked over to the passenger side. "Don't bother arguing with me, Bella."

"Impossible," Bella scoffed.

"Just like you," Katherine muttered.

Bella and Katherine got into the car. It was an accident when Katherine found out what Bella knew. She thought her mind would be off limits to her just like it is to Edward. But whatever has allowed Bella to always protect Katherine seemed to alow the girls a way to communicate without others knowing, not even Edward.

"I'll wait in the car. Just try not to take too long," Katherine teased.

Bella rolled her brown contact covered eyes as she got out of the car. Katherine laughed as she pulled out her phone to waste some time.

***

When Bella got back in the car she tossed the envelope to her sister.

"Open it."

Katherine Opened it and saw the four passports for Jacob, Renesmee, Leah, and Dakota.