Ten

Jacob sat next to Katherine as Sam and Billy sat across from them. It was silent and awkward.

"So you're wolves and I'm some kind of witch," Katherine said trying to break the silence only getting nods from the group. "Great. Cullen's are vampires, my best friend is a wolf and I'm a freak."

"You know about the Cullen's?" Sam asked causing Katherine to nod.

"Did Bella tell you?" Jacob asked.

"Yeah right. She wouldn't tell me that's why I stayed mad at her for so long. I gave her so many opportunities to just tell me the truth but no she'd rather protect those bloodsuckers," Katherine scoffed.

It got quiet again but Katherine could hear someone talking. She examined everyone in the room and when she saw that none of their lips where moving she stood up.

Jared, come on. Sam's gonna kill us if we don't stop messing around.

Well be fine. You worry to much. Besides , Paul is doing all the heavy work.

You think Katherine is okay?

"Embry?" Katherine asked out loud. She walked outside and looked around.

Sam and Jacob followed her outside. Katherine continued to look around as she heard the conversation he was having.

Did you hear that?

Hear what?

It sounded like someone called my name.

"Embry?" Katherine called again this time softer.

Embry heard her like the wind was calling out his name. He followed it till he saw Katherine standing before him. She stepped back.

How'd she do that?

You heard it this time?

Yeah. It was like she was the wind.

Maybe she's one of them

Embry snarled and took a step closer to Katherine.

"Jake," Katherine called fearfully. Jacob quickly shifted and stood in front of her protectively.

Embry's eyes widened when he realized what they thought she was.

You imprinted on her?!

No.

Liar!

She's not your imprint so why does it matter.

Cause I love her.

Jacob scoffed.

One hell of a way to show you love her.

You know I didn't have a choice. You know that.