Twenty-Eight

"I don't want you guys to leave yet," Charlie said as he walked into the Cullens home.

"Dad?" Bella asked.

"He knows?" Edward asked Katherine.

"I had to tell him. He had the right to know," Katherine explained.

"You told him everything? Are you trying to get him and all of us killed?" Bella yelled at her sister.

"No! He deserves the truth Bella," Katherine's anger caused the wind to pick up outside. Jasper quickly came to her side and tried to calm her. "I'm fine." The winds died down.

"I want you to turn me," Charlie spoke up. His thoughts catching Edward's attention.

Edward looked at Katherine who heard the thoughts of her father from Edward.

"No!" Katherine yelled at her father. "You can't do that. Why would you want to do that?"

"Do what?" Bella looked between Edward and Katherine.

"He'll die either way," Edward muttered.

"What? Dad?" Bella looked at Charlie.

"What would you do if you lost your daughter?" Charlie asked.

"You aren't losing us," Bella tried to reason.

"Aren't I though. I'll never see you guys again," Charlie sighed.

"Dad, you don't know what you're asking for," Katherine pleaded. "I wouldn't choose this life."

"What about Sue?" Bella asked.

"I'll join him," Sue said as she walked into the house.

"Mom?" Seth asked as he walked over to the group.

"You're asking us to mourn and let go of our only children. If it means we never have to let go then we'll do it," Sue looked at her son with a sad smile.

"Time of death 1635," Carlisle announced as he checked over Charlie and Sue. He had been called out to the Swan residence. A wellness check had been done and they found Sue and Charlie in their bed with no pulses.

"A town struck by tragedy," Katherine scoffed.

The pack was informed of the truth not long after the "death" of chief Swan and Sue. While many of them were angry they understood. Billy was sad but knew his son would be happy and so would his grandson. He hoped that Charlie and Sue made the right choice because there was no turning back.

***

9 years later

"Mom!" Dakota yelled out. "She's touching my stuff again."

"She's touching my stuff again," Halie mocked her 15 year old brother. The 9 year old girl had found it fun to bother her brother.