Nineteen

"I want to see her," Katherine said after Alice calmed her down. "I want to see Renesmee."

Alice nodded and guided Katherine to her niece. Katherine sat next to Rosalie and watched her with Renesmee. Seeing her niece was bittersweet. Bella was dead but at least a part of her lived. She could feel Jacob walking closer to the three of them. He was quiet and she could tell he was in pain. But like the snap of the fingers it changed. Everything changed Katherine sucked in a breath as she felt the connection he just made with Renesmee. Katherine heard Edward call for Alice and Jasper. Rosalie stood up and Katherine followed.

"Stay with Bella," Edward told Rosalie and Katherine.

They began walking out but Edward stopped when he heard Jacob's thoughts.

"Edward, don't," Katherine warned.

Edward broke Jacob's arm and threw him to the wall.

"Do it for him. Protect him," Edward told Rosalie before walking out of the house.

"Come on," Rosalie told Katherine.

They went to where Bella was and Katherine had to look away. She could hear the fight outside and worried for both sides. But mostly she worried for her family, for Bella's family. She heard when Edward announced Jacob having imprinted on Renesmee. Her niece was safe, it allowed her to let out a breath.

***

The girls cleaned up Bella while Carlisle checked Katherine. He was worried about what the stress may have done to the baby.

"Did you ever tell Charlie how far along you were?" Carlisle asked as he continued to examine the baby.

"No, why?" Katherine asked worried. "What's going on, Carlisle?"

"It seems you're at 26 weeks," Carlisle informed her.

"What?" Jacob asked. "How is that possible?"

"It happened again," Katherine sighed.

"It may be caused by stress. The first time it happened, Jacob, you left and no one knew where you had gone. This time, Bella," Carlisle paused.

"Great. So avoid stress and the rest of the pregnancy will go smoothly and normal," Katherine scoffed as she wiped the gel off her stomach. "Go be with, Mae. I'm just gonna talk with Carlisle then take a bath." Jacob nodded and kissed her forehead before leaving.

"You could give birth anytime. It's best if you stay here," Carlisle explained.

"I will. I just have to go visit my dad. It's been awhile and I'm sure he's just freaking out. Both his daughters MIA probably a little freaky," Katherine chuckled. "I'm going to go relax then head to Charlie's."

***

"Wow, you really popped," Charlie said before he hugged Katherine.

"Charlie," Sue scolded.

"So I'm fat?" Katherine teased.

"No- I- uh- I just-" Charlie stammered.

"I'm joking, dad," Katherine laughed.  "Feels like any day now and you'll be a grandad."