Twenty-Seven

5 years later

"Kota?" Katherine called out as she searched the surrounding forest for the small boy.

"I got him," Renesmee called as she carried her cousin back over to her aunt.

"This is Jacob's fault. He let's him just run around in the woods," Katherine sighed.

"Where's Seth? Isn't he like attached to your hip," Renesmee teased.

"Haha. I won't see him till tomorrow. Bella and Edward are supposed to be back before the wedding," Katherine shooed her son towards their house.

"Mom and dad are coming home?" Katherine smiled.

"Yes, I told you they'd only be gone for the year," Katherine chuckled as Dakota ran straight for Leah.

***

Katherine was pacing back and forth her hair and makeup completed. Bella entered the room and walked over to Katherine.

"Cold feet?" Bella asked causing Katherine to stop her pacing.

"No, just nerves. What if he hates the dress or if I have a moment and become overwhelmed-"

"Everything is going to be fine. Jasper will make sure your mood is stable and I'll make sure you are safe. Stop worrying so much," Bella hugged Katherine.

Bella helped Katherine get into her dress. The two finished just as a knock sounded at the door. The door cracked open and Renee popped her head in.

"Everything safe for me and your dad to enter?" Renee asked.

"Yeah," Bella said as Katherine nodded her head.

"You look beautiful," Renee gushed.

"Thanks," Katherine looked over at her dad who had tears in his eyes. "Awe dad, don't cry."

"I'm not crying," Charlie cleared his throat.

"Let's get a move on. We don't want to keep the groom waiting," Alice said as she walked into the room.

"Right," Katherine dusted herself off.

The two newlyweds were dancing when Dakota came running up. Seth chuckled before picking the boy up. The three continued their dance. Everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves. Katherine and Seth would later thank their guests for coming. Vampires they had befriended all those years ago when Renesmee's life was in danger had attended the wedding too. Though they had to wear contacts so not to scare the humans who attended the wedding. The two newlyweds said their goodbyes to their guests as they were off to their honeymoon.

***

1 Year later

"We have to fake our death," Katherine finally blurted out.

Charlie stood stunned. Sue looked at the girl and shook her head. Sue and Billy knew and constantly advised Katherine against telling Charlie. All of it would endanger her father.

"I can't keep you in the dark anymore. What I'm going to tell you is going to change everything. But you have the right to know," Katherine sighed.