35: Womb for money 💰

Where am i? Simone fussed as she yelled out loud, she tried to stand but soon notice that her left hand leg has been chained to the bed.

"Somebody help!!! Simone cried out, soon Dr Abimbola came in with a syringe in her hand, she consoled Simone continiously and urged her to stop her shedding of tears.

Simone refused and kept crying at the same time struggling for help.
"Dr Abimbola please let me go, i don't want to remove the child anymore."

" But you came here requesting to have an abortion"

"Yes i know Doctor, but i am no more interested".

"It's too late Simone i already conducted an abortion on you" Dr Abimbola said to her.

Simone glared at her in a disgust manner, What will happen to my womb,

She made an outburst that forcefully removed her hands from the cuffs.
"Why will you do this to me? She cried out loud.

Fransesca walked in from the door with a portfolio and an old aged man.
Fransesca's presence in the ward immediately placed Simone in a numb state.

"Aunty Fransesca please dont take my womb, i still need to give birth to children in this world".

"Give birth to Children without money to take care of them, Don't be a dumb girl" Fransesca said.

Simone tried in moving her arms but she couldn't, she wondered what kind of pill they had given her that had such potency of making her sterile.

"Abeg ma, i use everything in this world to beg you please don't do this to me"

Simone said out of pain as tears flowed down her eyes, she was gasping and constantly fidgeting.

"Anyways that is your business, I have an important guest here today, he is Chief Olawale one of the top notch politician in this country. He is currently in need of a womb that has just housed a child within the interval of Three years, and i know you are the perfect match for what he is looking for".

"I will pay you handsomely, young lady" Chief Olawale said as he interrupted from his silence".

Simone stared at him in disdain and gave a sly.

"Two hundred million naira is what we are talking about here, said Fransesca.

They both expected Simone countenance to come down but they were surprised it only worsened her condition.

"Take me away from here" Simone screamed as she struggled to remove the drip off her hand.

"Take it easy" one of the nurses that came in said and then gave a shot of injection that immediately calmed her nerves.

Simone was laying on the bed hopeless, is this how they were going to continue to torture her if she doesn't succumb to their request.. she thought to herself.
But still she couldn't afford to do that, to sell of her womb, her symbol of Womanhood.
No matter the shits life had thrown at her, she won't stoop do low to such.

"No matter how long, I won't do it" Simone exclaimed.

Fransesca laughed, "You must be joking young woman, i guess you want to play with fire big time.

"There's nothing you can do" Simone said back to her to counter the threat.

Fransesca laughed for quite sometimes, "i am sure Hamza will be a perfect substitution, you have 24 hours ultimatum to concede or else Hamza will be gone.

Fransesca said with no ounce of guilt in her. Simone on the other hand froze, she began to sob like a child.
"I will do it" she yelled on top of her voice.

"Call the Doctor now" I am ready, Simone said.

"There's no need for a doctor little girl, Chief Olawale said, he then brought out a gourd tied with a red thread and touched her stomach thrice, soon her stomach began to rotate, it began to squeeze til Simone began to gush out blood.
"She will be fine, she just need rest." Chief Olawale said to Fransesca to calm her down
Simone regained consciousness coughing out loudly.

Fransesca then brought out a paper from her portfolio and handed it over to Simone.
"Now sign this" She said to Simone.

Simone took the paper and signed it, she had no choice than to do it.

Fransesca immediately left to call on Dr Abimbola...
"We are done you can come and discharge her.

"So when will i receive my payment, Dr Abimbola asked.
"Yes anytime soon you will receive the alert" Fransesca replied.

They both walked into the hospital, Dr Abimbola on the other hand went to Simone to remove the drip from her. And Fransesca and Chief Olawale helped her up and they all walked to the car.

Simone fell asleep on Fransesca's laps, snoring gentle like a baby.
"Thank you so much Francesca baby" Chief Olawale said.

"You are welcome Chief, i am very sure you will be nominated as the new speaker in this city".

"Yes, with you by my side".
He said as he gave her a kiss on the cheek.

"Chief, that's what you will say, with all those women you frolick around with".

"I don't really move around with any woman ........ Chief Olawale replied.

"The news is in town, your fling Motunrayo is around".
Chief Olawale gave a loud smile...

"When will this your beef stop, just move on, you better rapport with her she is way bigger than you in this business."

"Mo ta ka oshi danu , i can never dine with my enemy" Fransesca said.

"Your Yoruba have improved sha, but she is not your enemy oo and she even spoke of doing business with you".

"Abeg" Chief lets forget about that, so when will i receive the alert.

"Tomorrow" he said to her.
Let us head to Transcorp for some juice" Chief Olawale said as he wiggled his tongue.

"Chief, Abeg some other time" she said to him and pointed at Simone as the reason why she had denied his request.

"Then let me drop you off home anyways, thanks for your help" he replied.
*****

Tana village.

Khadija was walking with her Calabash to the stream to fill her water -pot, soon she met her Aunt in law.
"Nnakwana Aunty".

"Saanu Khadija".

"Yaya kake" Khadija said to her.

"I am doing very well" Yerima replied.

Yerima walked closely to Khadija, pulling her to the corner to speak to her to avoid the other women by the stream to hear their conversation.

"It's been a month now i last saw you Khadija, hope there's no problem and how is Yakubu still alive.

"I have been afraid to do it....

"I understand but you must try and do so before its too late"

"I will try Aunty" Khadija said in anxiety.

"I see that you very much afraid, anyways your uncle said you should meet him at the Tana river bank this evening.

" Ok i will" Khadija replied.

They both then hurried back to fetch their water and left for their individual homes.