21: Serendipity.

*......*

"So what is the sex of the baby?
Yakubu asked.

"It's a male"!

Yakubu's face beamed with an exciting smile.

"Can I go in? He asked the Midwife.
"Ummm"

"She turned towards him
" I am sorry to inform you, we lost her .......
Yakubu countenance immediately got bewildered,
He immediately ran towards Simone and shook her continuously, as he began to scream.

Flashback:

🎶Tamuno Jehovah X 2ce🎶
     Nyele Nyele

Simone sang  continuously grinded the pepper.
It was just Yesterday the rape incident had occurred.
  And she has seen it that it has been her destiny to be always raped.

  "What will I do"?

She said to herself,
She then continued grinding, she constantly wiped off the sweat on face.
     She couldn't even imagine, how shattered her whole world has been, This not the life She always intended to live, life isn't always fair.As she was behind, Yerima the Matron walked behind her and greeted her.

"How are you doing"? Yerima asked.

"I am fine, Saanu ma!"
Simone knelt down to greet her.

" I have discussed with Gaburu my Husband, he is ready to help you.

"Saanu ma, let me get my wrapper,
She said.
They began to walk on the Duff's at the sighting of vary rainforest plants.

Gaburu's Shrine.

Barkka da yamma! Simone said to Gaburu, as he was busy Conjuring the spirits of the Oracle.

Gaburu immediately turned his back, " Woman get me water, he said to Yerima.

Gaburu  turned to Simone and spoke.

"His rule, and mandate has been totally rejected by the gods. His ostracities, and Abominations cannot be accepted any longer.

Yerima walked in bowls containing washing water, Tuwo masara ( corn meal) and miyan geda( groundnut soup).

"Let me help you."

Simone immediately help her dropped them off the mat on the ground.

" Woman what of the drinking water?
"I am coming" said Yerima.

She said as she ran back to the barn.

" When last did you speak to your brother Yusuf?
"Simone bowed her head in guilt as she began to stammer
"Em...Em....Em."

"You see yourself you can't remember.

"That speak so Ill of you, well the poor boy now lives with Alhaji Jamil.

"Whao" Simone hummed.
"What is that? Gaburu asked.
"Nothing is just that.........
Gaburu interrupts
"Well I have found a way to help you,  the day you are to conceive we will come up with a plan that you are dead, and in that way you will be able to escape from the village.

" But what of my child", Simone asked?
  "Don't worry I will demand for his blood to be used to purge the land.
"But that will be against the gods of our land" Simone said.
"I can always make atonement of sins, he said to her.
Simone pull her bench close to Gaburu's, I promise you sir that I will pay you back.

" Don't worry about anything, I just want you to promise me that when you come to the point of having it all, you remember my daughter, he pointed to the opposite direction; Khadija.

" I will Simone said as tears dropped from her eyes profusely.

*********

Presently:
Yakubu walked forth and back slamming every single object that stood in his way.
He looked back at Yerima the Midwife Ang asked; "Where is the baby"? The baby is laying over there on the bamboo woven bed.
" Yakubu went straight to the innocent child who was mumbling, as little drips of saliva drilled from his mouth. He was as black as a coal, with a very somber and innocent look. As Yakubu knelt to take a closer look at the baby, the baby pat him on the face. So loving and cheerful .

"I will take the boy as my own, Yakubu said to all that was present in the room.

" But the priest has to see the baby first, one of the maidens said.

" How dare you talk when I speak? Yakubu asked her.
" She is right, Yerima replied.

" Yerima, tell your husband to make an exemption for this one.
He took a mid bow to carry the baby, but he is interrupted by an unknown voice.

" Drop him, the gods demand his blood to cleanse the land.
Gaburu said as he walked into the building to make his presence known.

" Why don't I believe you,  Yakubu said in a harsh tone.
"I am not the one that raped a pregnant woman", Gaburu replied.
Yakubu was burning in rage, How dare you, he came close to him and pointed his index finger to his left eye.

" You will pay for this? Yakubu said, he spat on the ground and stormed out of the room.
" And the gods will punish every word that you speak through this spit". Gaburu replied.

"Yerima move close to Gaburu, she used her woman antics to calm him down.
She then clapped her hands and all the maidens left to their respective post.

"Miji na( My Husband), you can't get upset for every little thing, just pardon Yakubu, he still a child.

"I have heard woman, let's go straight to what we came here for, call Simone out so that I can cast the Clone spell.
  Yerima notified Simone who was pretending laying lifeless in the chamber of Gaburu's presence.
Gaburu began to cast a spell on the banana tree he had wrapped in a white clothes in which his assisted  acolytes him to bring.

"Na juyar da wannan bishiyar banana ta zama Simone"

In a twinkling of an eye the tree turned to a lifeless clone of Simone.
Both Simone and Yerima were marvelled at such wonder that they had even forgotten what they were to do next.

" Yerima, go and inform the funeral man, to take care of the body.
Simone carry your baby and leave the village immediately."

How can I repay you, she said with absolute act of gratitude, as she knelt down before him.

" No time to waste get up and leave immediately, before anyone set their eyes on you. He assisted her to her kneels,
"Go forth my daughter, I will meet you at the river bank. He said to Simone as she walked pass the exit.