Chapter 30: Kuruk

Kuruk POV

He feels full again, nearly bursting at the seams. Her warm body rolls on top of his, molding together like two puzzle pieces. A slow, smoldering fire burns hot between them. He wraps his arms around her, and she finds his mouth with hers. The sensation is intoxicating. He sinks into her warm sweet mouth, while feeling his own through her tongue. Her body tingles, and she pulls back for just a moment to speak.

"Thank you, Supreme Leader."

Her voice is soft, genuine, and for some reason, withholding. She comes back to him aggressively, not giving him a chance to look into it. She sits up just enough to rip the shirt over her head. He gasps, anger flickering through his mind, pushing her back to sit up on his lap. He sits up under her and gazes at her body in horror. Looking toward the door, he sees his master strut out into the corridor, then he returns his gaze to her body.

"Songbird, what did he do to you?"

He expects her to recall images in her memory as she speaks.

"I don't know. He took the memory away."

She looks down at her body and her eyes grow wide, heart picking up speed. He gently grazes her neck with his rough fingers, tracing the finger shaped bruises. He glides down to the teeth marks that sit over dark red hickeys. When he looks back at her face, he sees what he missed in his desperation to be reconnected. Both cheeks are splotched with red, and along one side of her jaw is long purple bruise.

Guilt overwhelms him. "This is my fault. I obeyed his command. He didn't seem angry, though."

She shakes her head. "He wasn't. At least, the parts I can remember."

An image flashes in her mind. One she tries very hard to cover up and forget about. Master, face contorted with grief, red eyes leaking tears. Oh, no, Kuruk groans internally. She wraps her arms around his neck and scoots closer.

"Let's not talk about it right now. I didn't like being away from you like that."

He brings her close, melting into her soft skin. He has to stop himself from cringing at the smell of her hair and skin. It smells like him. And he feels her flinch with pain as his hands explore her body. Guilt swirls around them. She feels his, and it makes hers stronger. She pulls back and they both try to speak at the same time. He lets her talk, knowing he put her in this position. She notices his growth of accountability, though in this instance she thinks its undeserving. Part of her mind flushes warmly at him nonetheless.

She looks down as she speaks, face darkening in color. "I could have come back sooner. But I didn't. I hated the Kuruk sized hole in my gut from the block, but he told me to stay... and he looked so-"

"Helpless?"

She furrows her brow. He knows exactly where this is going. She can feel his anger, and it confuses her more because it isn't directed at her- like she thinks she deserves.

"Something must have happened with-" his mother, Her mind speaks softly. "Why didn't he kill you after telling you?"

"What?" She looks alarmed.

"He only makes that face- yes, I saw- when she's involved. I've known him since he was a young man. He kills people that know his secrets...except the Knights."

She blushes. "He said he was going to wipe my memory of his story. But he didn't. I don't know if it was an accident or if he let me keep it. Instead he took away the rest of the night. I don't understand him." Tears start to pool in her eyes. He catches each one before they can fall down her face. "Kuruk, I'm so sorry. I feel like he gave me choices, and I betrayed you with my decisions. I just don't remem-"