Team Flare is becoming worse than Team Rocket by the minute

Start from the beginning

"But tomorrow," she said. "I'm beat."

Everyone seemed to agree, with the sun setting and the long day ahead of them, setting up sleeping bags and tents before tapping out for the night was surprisingly easy. Zenith noticed her sisters couldn't sleep as she too tossed and turned, all four knowing what was ahead, but they all eventually fell asleep.

~

Zenith was woken up by something hopping on her face, causing her to jump up. It was Squishy, who had apparently jumped on most of the group to wake them up, and was now running into the forest with a purpose in its... hops.

It was the middle of the night, but she was already wide awake, climbing out of the sleeping bag and following after it. She had a premonition; it felt like something bad was going to happen and she didn't want to stay behind when the Zygarde core was running (hopping) off into potential danger.

Zenith slipped on her shoes, Star jumping onto her shoulder, and ran after it, the rest of the group groggily doing the same- though the run clearly had them waking up. Bursts of green light rocketed through the sky, crashing down toward Squishy. "Star, use Protect!"

The protective barrier was thrown up just in time, but the green attacks caused it to shake and disappear as soon as they were gone. Bonnie ran over to Squishy, using her body as a barrier over it when more appeared. "Pikachu, Thunderbolt!" Ash exclaimed, his Electric-Type partner using the attack just as Sawyer released his Grovyle, who used Leaf Blade to help stop the attacks, yet more kept coming.

Pine and Crystal had Pepper and Melody to use their combined Swifts to take them down, the smoke clearing to reveal Celosia and the three goons from before to appear down the path, hands on their shoulders and smug smiles on their faces.

"It's those bad guys from before," Ash said, sending out Frogadier as Serena released Braixen, Clemont doing the same for Luxray. Bonnie checked on Squishy with Dedenne and Eevee at her side.

"HEY! Will you stay out of this please!?" Celosia asked through grit teeth, her hand resting on her goggles. She glared at the sisters, though only her snarl could make the sentiment known with her eyes covered. "I told you it's mine, see!?"

"Well you're wrong!" Ash shouted back. "If Squishy was yours, you wouldn't be treating it the way you do!"

"Yeah, Ash is right!" Sawyer added at his side.

Celosia bent forward in their faces, hands on her hips. "Enough! This is all getting very old. If you want to know so badly, why don't you ask those friends of yours?" The sisters glared daggers back, the incident from ten or so years ago regarding three Zygardes and a bunch of magic not exactly something to talk about over tea. "If anything, you should ask them to show you what they stole from us."

"That's enough!" Pine barked, reaching for her belt to release her Jolteon. "You're grasping for straws and everyone knows it. Now, Jolt, use Pin Missile!"

"Agh, this isn't over. Cross Poison, go!" Her Drapion attacked, the three grunts yelling in unison for their Skorupis and Houndours to use Dark Pulse.

"Frodadier, Water Pulse, let's go! Pikachu, Thunderbolt!" Ash instructed while the other two Sawyer sisters released their own partners and Zenith let Star jump off her shoulder. Ever since discovering the shiny was a "Partner" Eevee, she had noticed how Star had been growing bigger and stronger than her sisters' Eevees had, her attacks solid where the other three still struggled to make a dent with their Tackles and Bites.

"Flamethrower!" Exclaimed Serena.

"Luxray, use Swift NOW!" Clemont added.

Red had Pikachu jump off his shoulder and use Thunderbolt without having to say a word.

"Help 'em out, Star!" Zenith joined in, the two starry attacks joining together to fight off the attacks.

Azumarill stood next to Crystal and shiny Mimikyu did the same at Shadow's side, awaiting orders. The rest of the attacks all created an explosion in the sky, strong winds sent out in every direction. "Serena, Clemont, Red, take Bonnie and get away!" Ash told them. "The Sawyers, Sawyer, and I can handle this!" Nice wordplay, Ash.

"Do it!" The green-haired boy added. "We'll take care of it. It's an honor to work alongside such noble-!"

Shadow elbowed him in the side. "Dude, just focus on the fight," she sighed.

"Alright, but please, be careful, okay!?" Clemont told them.

"We will," Ash said. Clemont returned Luxray and Serena returned Braixen. Dedenne jumped on Bonnie's head and her Eevee ran alongside them as they carried Squishy away, back toward the camp.

The Houndours, Skorupi, and Drapion continued attacking, attacks met in explosions followed by smoke, but as it cleared Team Flare had run away. Oh no; it was probably a diversion so another group could chase after the others!

"Come on, we need to go back to the others before they can get Squishy!"

~

God d*** it, Team Flare, can you leave our heroes (including Squishy) alone for ten seconds!? They don't have time for this! Especially not in the middle of the night!

Goodbye for now,

Zenith