A Champion and a Blob

Third chapter, here and now! And I'm back, little spoiler. Enjoy the chapter!

(Ignore the edit/chapter update for this, any long-time readers. I'm just fixing some typos!)

~

Our heroes left the ranch and continued on their way to Coumarine City. They were setting up camp on a hill, as night had fallen while they traveled together. As Serena and Bonnie were unfolding the tent and pitching it up, Clemont was preparing dinner and Ash was staring at a distant flock of Swanna.

Just then, the nearby bushes began to rustle, and a moment later a girl appeared. "Oh! Hello again!"

The group looked up, surprised, to see Zenith, dressed in hiking gear. She gave them a wave. "Zenith!" Serena exclaimed. "What are you doing out here!?"

"Exploring, though it's getting late. Usually I'd just fly back with my Noivern, but seeing as you four are out here, mind if I stay? I've got my own tent, don't worry."

Ash beamed. "Of course!" Just then, as the flock of Swanna passed overhead, a blob dropped from them, landing directly on Ash's head. He proceeded to scream, pulling the thing off to inspect it. "What kind of Pokemon is this!?!"

Zenith looked at the pinkish purple Pokemon. "That's a Goomy, said to be the weakest Dragon-Type Pokemon. It looks dehydrated!"

Clemont cocked his head. "If it's a Dragon-Type, why does it need water?"

"Goomy live in moist places, so they need to stay hydrated or else their bodies dry out!" Zenith exclaimed as she reached for her belt. "Go, Noivern! Use Water Pulse to hydrate this little 'mon!"

The black and purple Pokemon was released, using the move. Goomy looked refreshed, if not a little surprised from the sudden blast of water in it's face. However, as Ash was the one holding Goomy...

"Oh gosh, I'm so sorry Ash!" Zenith exclaimed. "Uh, Noivern, can you give him a gentle Heat Wave to dry him off? After Goomy's out of the way, that is."

Though the boy seemed extremely wary of being hit by another move, he handed Goomy to Bonnie, who began to pet it, and felt a nice, warm wind blow around him. His hair and clothes became instantly dry again.

"See, not so bad! Thank for the help, Noivern! Now, return!" Zenith said as she put her Pokemon back in its Pokeball and replaced it on her belt. "Ash, Goomy seems to have taken a liking to you, why don't you catch it?"

"Great idea, Zenith!" The boy rummaged through his pocket until he grasped an empty Pokeball and held it out for the Dragon-Type.

The Pokemon took a second to stare at him before smiling. "Goomy!" Then it was absorbed in a bright light. The Pokeball shook a few times before going still, and then it stopped.

"Yes, I caught a Goomy!" Ash exclaimed before bringing it back out, along with his other Pokemon. "Goomy, why don't you meet everyone? These are my other Pokemon: Pikachu, Hawlucha, Frogadier, Fletchinder, as well as my friends! Clemont, Bonnie, Dedenne, Serena, and Zenith!"

"Don't forget our Pokemon!" Clemont, Serena, and Zenith exclaimed, not noticing the Dragon-Type cower in fear upon seeing Dedenne. The blond went first, sending out his three Pokemon.

Ash rubbed his neck sheepishly. "Yeah. These are Bunnelby, Luxio, and Chespin!" Then, after Serena sent out her two Pokemon and Clemont returned his, he continued. "And this is Fennekin and Pancham!"

Zenith reached for her full belt. "Watch out everyone!" She released her six team members. "These are my partners! Gardevoir, Espeon, Glaceon, Noivern, Ninetales, and Zoroark!"

The six greeted the others happily. Bonnie was seemingly in love with them, reaching out to pet them. "They're all so cute! Zoroark has such pretty hair, and Ninetales has so many tails!"

"Be careful not to touch them!" Zenith exclaimed sharply. More kindly, she added, "Legend has it if you touch one of a Ninetales' tails, you get cursed!"

The girl retracted her hand, but continued to oogle them. The others were similarly entranced by her team.

"What? I am the Champion and Kalos Queen after all, so of course my team is full and strong as can be!" Zenith said cheerfully. "I've had years to train them. I'm sure if you're as determined to become strong trainers or performers yourselves, you'll get there in no time! Now come on, let's finish setting up camp before it gets too dark. Ninetales, set up a campfire for us please!"

The Fire-Type used Energy Ball and then Fire Blast to create a strong flame in the center of their site while the others resumed their earlier tasks.

"Espy, Glacey, can you two go grab some sticks to keep the fire roaring? And Noivern, can you help Clemont cook while Zoroark, Gardevoir, and I put up the tents?" The two Eeveelutions nodded and took off to find some stray fallen branches. The dragon neared the blond to help with dinner as the others went to do as Zenith said.

"Thanks for the help, Zenith!" Serena exclaimed as they easily set up the first tent and began the second. "And to you, too, Zoroark and Gardevoir!"

The two Pokemon gave her a smile while the Champion gave a thumbs up. "No problem, it's the least I can do since I kind of crashed on you guys!"

They put up the other two tents before gathering in the center, where Clemont and Noivern held out plates of food. "Who's ready for a hearty meal before bed?"

Our heroes ate to their hearts content, filling their bellies before getting ready for bed. Just as she was heading to her tent, Zenith remembered something. "Ash!" She exclaimed. "You forgot this back in Lagoon Town!"

The honey blonde handed him the bag he had left on the grass. He looked relieved and thankful. "Thanks, Zenith! I can't believe I totally forgot it like that!"

They parted ways for bed, with the Kalos Queen returning her Pokemon before changing into pajamas and climbing into her sleeping bag.

Little did she know, a certain other honey blonde watched their interaction from inside her own tent, which she shared with Bonnie, a look of envy on her face.

Serena lightly exhaled a "hmmph" before taking a breath to calm herself.

Meanwhile, Zenith closing her eyes as her thoughts took over.

I was right when I said these four were special. They're mostly kind and love Pokemon! I'm starting to think it wasn't just by chance that we met...

Then, our heroes drifted into sleep.

~

Ash caught Goomy, and is that jealousy in Serena's eyes? Stay tuned to find out! Goodbye for now,

Zenith