The Family Sawyer

I'M NOT LATE FOR THE FIRST TIME IN MONTHS! You're welcome in advance. Also, this is about how Zenith would look in the real world! The picture is one of my favorite singers, Bea Miller, and I'm surprised they look so similar. You should check out her music! On that note, let's get into the chapter!

~

"I can see Snowbelle City! Look!" Bonnie pointed in front of them to see the distant town slowly coming into view. The tops of the tallest buildings loomed just above the trees and plains before them, which looked noticeably more barren and chillier than the ones they'd been walking through the past few days.

Shadow was fidgeting with her Pokedex, but glanced up for a moment. "Huh, I guess so. We should get there by the end of the day."

"I'm so excited for my gym battle!" Ash pumped his fist into the air.

"Slow down there, Ash. If you want to beat Wulfric, you and your team need to keep getting stronger," Pine reminded him.

Sawyer nodded. "You better keep training, or else I'll beat you at the Lumiose Conference, too."

Crystal was off to the side talking excitedly to Red, holding a sleeping Melody in her arms.

Zenith smiled, walking a bit behind the rest of our heroes. Overlooking everyone, she wondered when exactly this had become normal. Mere months ago, she and her sisters were all off doing their own things, busy as can be. Yet, one fateful meeting with a small, rather ordinary band of travelers had brought them all back together and allowed them to meet new friends and experience their original Kalos journeys all over again.

Beside her were some of her teammates, Gardevoir and Star on either side of her. They kept pace well; already the shiny Eevee had grown into a big and strong Pokemon from her former frail, delicate self. Silvery stardust that seemed ever-present on both Zenith's teammates gleamed in the warm sunlight, making her smile grow wider.

I never would have expected to be in a group like this. A Kanto-native trainer aiming to be a Pokemon Master who turned out to be magic just like me; his twin brother, the silent former champion with a soft-spot for my sister; his rival, another trainer making his way up; an inventor and gym leader, along with his darling little sister; an aspiring performer on her way to Master Class; and my three sisters. All of us, in one place, like a little family...

Zenith zoned back in as the group came to a stop, smile faltering as she looked over everyone.

Was this some sort of fate? Or a subconscious attempt at recreating the family we lost? What happens when I'm called back for battles and contests, advertisements and interviews, and I need to complete my duty? When Professor Sycamore calls Blaze back to the lab... When Yuki needs to go back to the bakery... When Rose is due at Sawyer Battle again? What about when Clemont needs to go back to the gym? When Bonnie's parents want her home? When Sawyer leaves, when Ash finishes the Lumiose Conference, even when Serena is done competing in performances?

How much longer do we all have left together?

She never expected to stay long. They had all met by coincidence, after all. Ash, Clemont, Bonnie, and Serena had encountered the wild Pancham that had interrupted one of her performances, they left their bags, and she happened to run into them while out and about with Noivern...

How had it come to this, and when had she become so attached that it hurt to even think about letting go?

Both her Pokemon seemed to notice her shift in mood, looking up at her with concern. Zenith instantly put on an easy smile, the one she used whenever she was dealing with a crowd, and brushed them off. "It's nothing. Please, don't worry. I'm fine."