Victories, Festivals, and Farewells!

Ash-Greninja has arrived and Kagetomo's crew is going down! Let's do this!

~

"There's no way we're going to give in, either!" Shinobu declared, her words enough to force Zenith back to Earth. She wished she could tell her sisters that they'd definitely be talking about this later, and also probably trying to get in contact with the Paradise to ask what in Gaia's name is oblivious magic-folk doing out in the real world like this!?, but until then she could only turn back to where Gardevoir was pulling herself up.

Breathe, Zen. Everything's gonna be alright. You weren't named after the word "peak" for nothing. You're the best of the best, and it helps that zen is also the word for good and peaceful. That's all we gotta be right now.

"Right!" Nihei declared, his Venusaur nodding. Shinobu's Liepard even meowing to agree.

"Okay, help 'em out!" Zenith exclaimed, pointing to where Bisharp was. "Star, Baby-Doll Eyes to keep it distracted, and Gardevoir, Moonblast it away!"

Bisharp went to use X-Scissor, but it caught sight of Star making a pout and froze in place, getting hit with the bundle of Fairy-Type energy. Pikachu's Electro Ball added to its strength, and Ash's Greninja's Water Shuriken sealed the deal; Bisharp fainted once again.

Meanwhile, the others took out the rest of the enemy ninjas' Pokemon, Bonnie jumping up and down and cheering for them.

"You're not going to win! Kagetomo will become the chiiiief!" Heidayu sent out the same Bronzong from before. "Rock Slide, go!"

Both Ash's and his Greninja's eyes began to glow. "Well, we're gonna be stronger! Let's go!" They took the same stance, and Greninja let out a roar that exerted incredible power as Ash shouted, with it. Their voices seemed to melt into one.

A huge column of water shot up around them, swirling just like it did when Crystal's Greninja bonded with her. Everyone was gaping and staring up at it, and Zenith could barely breathe.

We all knew it was coming... that he was capable of this... but not even five minutes after Greninja evolved and its already experiencing this!? Ash said that one day he'd get a bond with his Pokemon like us, but I didn't expect him to actually pull it off, not like this...!

"Greninja, use Cut, now!" Ash seemed unphased, pointing down the battlefield and clearly full of adrenaline. It was hard to see Greninja through the water vortex, but Zenith could make out glowing red markings in the same place Crys-Greninja's teal ones were. And even though the move wasn't very effective, it completely destroyed Bronzong, landing on its feet and detransforming. Only when the column of water dissipated did it turn around, locking eyes with its trainer and smiling.

Zenith watched Ash's face go from victorious to confused beyond confused. "What did Greninja just do...? That looked almost like... Crystal's Greninja did." He put a hand to his temple for a moment, deep in thought. Then, as if a light bulb appeared over his head, he looked up and grinned. "No way, did Greninja and my bond get so strong that we did that super cool transformation thingie that you guys can do with your Pokemon? WOAH, that was AWESOME!"

"We don't have any time to lose," she heard Pine tell them. "C'mon, Lucario says Ippei, Saizo, and Kagetomo are this way!"

The group raced up the mountain to see Chief Hanzo tied up on the edge of a cliff, with Ippei's Greninja and Kagetomo's Weavil battling. Ash ran up to Saizo, while Sanpei asked how everything was going, but the older ninja brushed them off.

"No need to worry. Ippei and Greninja will prevail. Watch."

Kagetomo declared he would win and ordered his Pokemon to use Giga Impact, while Greninja created duplicates of itself with Double Team. But Weavile jumped through the air and destroyed them all. It was only when Ippei yelled "NOW!" That Zenith realized what he must have been up to.