Chapter 19: I can wait for you

Cassandra POV

"Cupcake, are you okay if you are going back alone tonight?" I saw his concern. We started to talk after the flirtatious incident in the lift, but we never mentioned that again.

"Where are you going?" He never asked me to go home alone and I found it odd.

"I need to settle the document here. I'm working on it now and maybe will take another few hours to complete it. I need to use the system to do it, so I can't bring it back home." He chided, pointing to his desk that was a bit messy with papers and files.

"I can wait for you," I responded; don't want to be alone at night. The blackout thing still makes me scared.

"You will get tired. I will be back in a few hours. I promise that." He promised.

"Okay, I will leave first but make sure you will come back soon." I convinced myself it should be okay and at the same time, I don't want to be his burden. Few hours should be fine, I thought.

"Yes, Cupcake. I promise." With that said, I strode out of the room.

When I was in the lobby hall, I saw Aria walked to the lift and headed back to the office. She didn't notice me standing there. I ignored her and continued my steps to the car where the driver was waiting but I suddenly thought about something.

"I'm not going back home. I will go with Carlos later," I told the driver and quickly ran toward the lift and pressed to his office. When I arrived on the floor, I noticed she was there sitting at her own place. I blew out a heavy breath, relief washed through me.

"I'm not going back home," I said at the moment I open the door. His eyes wandered to my face with a confused look.

"Cupcake, I thought you were leaving." He said with all his attention on me.

"No, I'm not leaving. You didn't tell me that she will be here too."

"Who?"

"Skeleton." And he knitted his brows.

"Oh, I mean your assistant, not this assistant, but that assistant," I pointed outside the room.

"You made me confuse, Cupcake."

"Whatever, I'm not leaving without you," I told him firmly. That was my final decision. I plopped on the couch.

Carlos POV

"What is going on? Why are you acting like this?" I sensed that there is something not right with her.

"Nothing, I just worried."

"Worried about what?"

"About you."

"Why?"

"You are not safe here."

"Why is that so?"

"Because of her."

"Mind elaborating that?"

"She is one kind of dangerous woman. I know what she will do to you."

"Such as?"

"Seducing you with the corset again," I almost laughed at her remark, but I was curious where she found out about that.

"How do you know about that?"

"My friends." She grinned.

"Who?"

"Miguel, Tristan, and Manuel." I shook my head at her answer, those three guys.

"So now three of them are your friends?"