Chapter 20: I need you

Cassandra POV

I felt something warm wrapped around my neck and my head rested on the hard object behind. I rubbed my eyes and look at the figure. The sight in front of my eyes shocked me. Carlos was lying there with his arms snaked around my neck.

"Carlos Gonzales!" I screamed out of my lung.

"What, Cupcake?" His eyes flutter opened.

"If I'm not mistaken, this is my room and what are you doing in my room?" I saturated my words with sarcasm.

"Sleeping," he answered nonchalantly.

"Well, I'm not blind yet. Why are you here, in my room, on my bed?" I slapped his arm and sat on the bed, glaring at him.

"You don't remember it?"

"Remember what?"

"Yeah, why did I even bother to ask, of course, you don't remember it." He snickered, closing his eyes again while placing one arm on top of his forehead.

"Are you planning to resume your sleep now? Here in my room?"

"Yeah, it is still early. We still have plenty of time to sleep. Come, join me, Cupcake." He offered his hand to me but I slapped it away. With a smirk on his face, he continues closing his eyes, ignoring my death glare.

"Ok, since you really want to sleep here I will help you out." I stood away from the bed and pulled off the duvet. I covered him from the bottom to top and wrapped him with that duvet.

"Cupcake, you are so childish." He said but not with an angry tone instead he chuckled likes a kid.

"You are acting childish, not me," I argued.

"You are the one that asked me to sleep here with you last night, remember?" He said, loosened the duvet, and leaned onto the headboard with his sleepy eyes.

"No, you are lying," he sounds ridiculous. I will never ask him to sleep with me.

"I should record it down next time."

"Next time? No more next time. You will never have the chance to sleep with me next time."

"Are you sure about that?"

"Of course."

"Wait and see. When is your next menstrual?" He asked out of nowhere. I widened my eyes as I recalled what happened back there. We slept on the same bed twice but that was an exemption.

"You are taking advantage of me."

"I'm not." He retorted.

"I'm going to complain about this to Miguel, Tristan, and Manuel," I whined but unexpectedly he laughed at my words.

"You are cute, you know that?" He moved closer to me and pinched the bridge of my nose. I slapped his hand and narrowed my eyes at him like a predator.

"By the way, good morning, Cupcake." He greeted and pecked my forehead the next second. He leaves the room afterward while whistling a random tune.

"I love waking up next to you." He said before closing the door behind.

And yet, he managed to send me a wink before I could respond.

Oh, what a good mood!

Carlos POV

Cupcake's birthday is around the corner. A small surprise party and the presence of her best friend will be perfect for her. Thus, I called Scarlet for the last few days and invited her to come over. I had prepared a room in the hotel for her and a private jet, but she refused the private jet politely. I'm not in the position to force her anyway. At least, she agreed to stay in the hotel as my treat.