Chapter 31: I missed you like hell

Carlos POV

"You should go back home. At least take a quick shower, we will take care of her."

"We will call you immediately in case she wakes up."

"You need to take care of yourself. We don't want you to get sick."

"Sure she doesn't want to see you in this terrible state too."

I appreciated the fact that they care about me. But, leaving her alone will be the last thing that I will do at this moment or maybe not even listed on my list. For these three days, Miguel helped me to bring some clothes from my home and I didn't leave the hospital compound at all, not even her room. Other than the time I went to the toilet, for the rest of the time I stayed beside her bed holding her hands, observing her, and talking to her even though it doesn't make any changes.

"Yes bro, please, just listen to us," Manuel added.

"If you guys are at my place right now, you will do the same thing also. I don't give a damn if I haven't showered for a few days even for a few weeks, I will wait until she wakes up. I need to stay beside her until she opens her eyes and makes sure that she is okay."

They were speechless with my response. I know they agreed with my statement. I almost lost her and thinking about the same thing might happen again makes me want to stick with her forever.

At the moment I was deep in my thought, I feel her fingers moving in my grip. I turned my eyes to her hand and noticed a slight wiggle of her eyelids in an attempt to be awake.

"Cupcake, can you hear me?" I called for her name with my lips near her ear hoping that she will identify my voice. My words caught some attention from others. They approached us closer.

"I will call the doctor," Manuel said, dashing out of the room.

"Cupcake, please wake up. Please," I murmured silently.

"H-hey, Carlos," her eyes fluttered open and a smile that I missed covered her face. Her voice was weak but it was enough to make my tears drop.

"Hey, I missed you." I kissed her forehead, ignoring the eyes that keep looking at us.

The doctor's presence interrupted our interaction. I released her hands and gave some space for the medical team to do some check-ups on her. Tristan came to me and patted my shoulder, gesturing that everything is finally okay; Manuel finally had the grin on his face while I noticed Scarlet in her happy tears with her head landed on Miguel's shoulder. Everyone keeps waiting for this moment and no word could describe our feeling.

"She is okay, but her condition still needs to be observed for a few days and if everything is good, she can leave the hospital soon. Let's hope for the best." The doctor breaks the silence. I could see the relief evident on everyone's face.

"Thank you, doc."

I quickly make my way back to Cupcake's side while the rest follow from behind. We were surrounded by her bed.

"Babe, I'm happy you're back," Scarlet expressed her feeling, taking a seat on the other side of her bed, her hand holding onto Cupcake's hand tightly. Those happy tears were visible on her cheeks, wetting without any hesitation.

"I didn't go anywhere, I just take some rest in my sleep," she joked; lighten the mood in the room. Her hands immediately wipe her best friend's tears, "you looked terrible when you're crying. Don't you think so, Miguel?" She teased which made everyone in the room laughed, replaced the somber mood that haunted us for the last few days.

"Ditto! She looked ugly when she cried for others but she looks cute though when she cried for me," Miguel's words earned a slap on his arm.

"I never cried for you," she argued.

"What a sweet couple," Cupcake said, amused with the couple that kept bickering like Tom and Jerry.

"Manuel, how are you?" She turned her eyes to Manuel that was standing beside the couple.

"I should ask you that question, you silly girl. Welcome back, anyway, and please get well soon, we have a lot to gossip after this." He grinned with his own remarks.

"I will wait for the time," she grinned back, they were like brother and sister sharing the same surname.

"Tristan," now, her attention was on the person that standing beside me, "thank you for everything, I'm glad that I have some kind of gang leader's brother," I saw the genuine amusement from her face.

"Just a small case and I'm glad my sister is safe though," Tristan answered with a smile that lit up his face.

She then turned her eyes and stared at me, no word from her lips but the smile on her face was enough to let me know that how much she appreciated the fact that I was there beside her at the moment she opened her eyes.

"I think we should take that as a cue?" Miguel chided in a questioning tone to get everyone's opinion about that.

"Yeah, the couple desperately need some time for a lovey-dovey moment and I don't think the audience is needed even though it won't be 18+ since we were at the hospital now." Laughter echoed in the room with Manuel's joke.

"We will come to visit you again, babe," Scarlet informed, ready to leave with Miguel.

"Get well soon, sister."

Everyone gave her a hug and slowly leave the room giving us space to be alone, which we really need it. My hands were still holding onto hers, without any intention to let it go.

"Boyfriend," she cupped my face with her palms, gesturing me to lean closer to her.

"How are you, boyfriend?" Her eyes that stared deep inside my eyes made me melted.

"Not good at all, Cupcake. I missed you like hell," I let out my feeling showing her how terrible my condition was without her.

"I missed you too."

"Yet, you refused to wake up." I talked like a sulking boy.

"Because I have a nice dream, it was so good and it makes me don't want to leave it behind."

I narrowed my eyes, "what kind of dream stole my girlfriend's attention, huh? Who is in your dream?"

"Carlos Gonzales." She got me there.

I laughed at her answer, my hand immediately find her cheek and pinched it, "naughty girl, don't you think the reality is better than the dream?"

"Now I have the same thought," she placed a quick kiss on my lips, making me crave for more. Thus, I grabbed her face without a second thought and planted a deep kiss on her lips in return.

"I really don't know how to express my feeling, but it was like hell the time I knew that you were missing. I barely rest even for a second, luckily you remembered about the necklace," I pulled out the necklace with a locket hanging on it. There is a cupcake's shape locket with a small visible button that can trace the location. I gave her the necklace when I know about Aria for her safety."

"I'm sorry I made you worried." She moved closer and clutched onto me with her arms on my neck, her chin rested on my shoulder. Her warms body calmed me from bad memory.

"I don't want to lose you again. I will stay with you every second from now on. I won't go anywhere." She suddenly pushed me away from her embrace.

"What?" Her sudden rejection shocked me.

"I remembered I heard the guy said you didn't take any shower for a few days since I'm here," she studied my figure with a disgusting expression but I knew she just fake it.

"Oh, now you do mind about it?"

"I shouldn't hug you, smelly boyfriend," she scrunched her face while pinched the bridge of her nose.

"Alright, since you say so, I'm going back home." Putting on my serious face, I stood away from her bed and walk towards the door.

"For real, grumpy boyfriend? You just said that you will stay with me every second."

I ignored her and pretended that I didn't hear her.

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤