22. The Pros and Cons of Breathing

Reminder:

This is a work of fiction. Any resemblance to actual events or persons, living or dead, is entirely coincidental.

The opinions expressed are those of the characters and should not be confused with the authors.

Trigger warning:

This chapter contains graphic depictions of violence, rape, and suicide.

Readers discretion is advised.

▪︎▪︎▪︎

The Pros and Cons of Breathing

Third Person

"Just once time.." L softly mumbled while choking her enemy using her arms around its neck.

Her legs were tightly wrapped behind the back of her prey to keep it from struggling. There's nothing in this hell-like world. She's all alone, fighting and killing to survive. After all, on this battlefield, age or size doesn't matter, the strongest will live.

"Please.." she softly mumbles.

She was inside her prison cell trying to win her strength back. May malaki siyang sugat mula sa kaliwang dibdib niya na parang hiniwa ng matalas na bagay pababa hanggang sa kanang bahagi ng balakang niya.

Para siyang hiniwa ng pa-slant at tanging stapler ang unang ginamit sakanya para gawing paunang lunas para maisara ang malaking sugat niya sa katawan.

"Haa! Ha! Please! Just once. Just once." L said as she keeps on pushing her hips forward to the helpless woman under her body.

They were both naked except that L had an emotionless face while the other woman has stains of tears visible on her brown cheeks. The left cheek was slightly swollen up when L slapped the woman hard, ordered by the man who owned her as he was having fun watching his slave having sex with the woman he had just recently bought from the auction hall.

"Please let me leave!" L shouted, her chains clanging when she tugged it with all her might.

J was hopelessly looking at her like she has already lost her mind.

"Will you end your life?" That was the constant question of her owner, Mr. Lu.

Nakatulala si L at nakagapos ang mga kamay sa ibabaw ng ulo niya habang patuloy na nilalatigo ang likod niya ng mga tauhan ni Mr. Lu. He finds pleasure in torturing his subject, especially L in this hellish place.

Days, months, and years passed since she was fallen into this world. She had given up counting the days, became isolated, and became someone she didn't know.

"Now that I think about it. I wonder how many people have I killed."

Her battles become harsher and harder. She continued to put her life on the line with each fight just to survive.

"Looks like I survive yet another day." L jokingly said to him while trying to lift up herself from the cold floor inside her prison cell.

She then laughed like the thin line of her sanity was cut. J looked at her from the other side of the prison cell.

Can they really say that they're living life?