20. Wake Up, Sunshine!

Trigger warning:
Death and Suicide.

Readers' discretion is advised.

▪︎▪︎▪︎

Wake Up, Sunshine

Third Person

"Ate—"

Colleen raised her hand signaling her to stop.

"Shut the fuck up! You're not Horus to call me Ate and I don't want to spit on my office floor just for you to know how disgusting it feels. You might have Sinclair blood running in your veins but I won't acknowledge you as my sister!" Colleen spat with so much venom in her voice.

Those words cut like a knife on Alexandra's heart but she still remains emotionless. Kahit sa mukha niya man lang mapagtakpan niya ang sakit na dulot ng mga sinabi ng kapatid.

She remembered all her life before she becomes Alexandra Alarcon. Odin is under the protection of Zafeiriou household before the kidnapping incident happened. The day of the bloodbath. How she was brought to an unfamiliar place, how her Tita Selene tried to save her to atone for her sin.

She remembered everything.

Odin is the firstborn child of Glen Zafeiriou. Her mother, Eris Sinclair who was married to another man. Yes, her father unfortunately raped that woman and she's the product of that sinful event.

And the woman in front of her right now is no other than, Iah Colleen Sinclair Grande. Her older sister, who loathed her to death the day she was born.

"Oh, wow! You're really alive huh. What do you want me to do then? Call the Zafeiriou and tell them about your sudden reincarnation? Don't make me laugh! Those people disgust me— you! A Zafeiriou disgust me!"

Colleen snickered and huffed.

"That brain of yours is really amazing. After my private investigators found you in a not-so-good environment, you then personally came here to show yourself."

Colleen glance at her Rolex gold watch.

"Tell me, Odin. What do you want? If you're here to ask for my help returning to Scandinavia. Well, you came to the wrong place."

"I can return to Scandinavia without anyone's help."

Colleen slowly clapped her hands in amusement. That arrogant attitude is still embedded on Odin's system after all this years.

"Of course! You can! Because you're the mighty Odin Cassiopeia Zafeiriou! A bloody fucking higher raised!"

"Ate Colleen—."

"Fuck you Odin and your Father! Stop wasting my time and if you have nothing important to say to me right now, then leave!"

"Please help me save my brother."

"What?"

Colleen was shocked seeing the great and mighty Odin who's slowly kneeling in front of her. A Zafeiriou is kneeling in front of her na siyang matagal na niyang inaasam-asam. She can't believe it seeing it with her own eyes.

Never in her life, she'd seen a Zafeiriou down on their knees, begging for something— for someone.

A Zafeiriou never kneels 'cause they are one of a heck of a household full of prideful pricks and jerks but here she is witnessing one.

"Save my brother, Karl Louie Alarcon. I'm begging you."

She should be happy seeing the pitiful state of a Zafeiriou in front of her begging on her knees but she's not. Colleen clicked the roof of her tongue and huffed in so much displeasure.