10 - ᴅᴏ ᴡʜᴀᴛᴇᴠᴇʀ ɪᴛ ᴛᴀᴋᴇs

After being ordered to leave, Chief Moon cleared his throat and left the room that Yongguk was in. He straightens his uniform and turned to the two officers standing guard. "Release him in an hour. No, later than that."

The officers nodded and Chief Moon walked away from the door and back to the front to check on the status of his son. The doctor who had ordered the CT Scan had come back and was standing to wait for Chief Moon. He had Jongup's chart in his hand as he flipped through them. He saw Chief Moon and walked over to him. "Hello Chief Moon, your son's is going to be fine. The blow to the head didn't cause any major damage, but do want to keep him here overnight just to monitor his situation."

Chief Moon nodded his head agreeing with the doctor's orders. He turned to a couple of officers who were standing guard by Mia's room. "I want a couple of you to go over to my son's room and stand guard there as well."

Some of them left and the rest stood guard watching Mia's. He stepped in front of the door and could see Mia. He turned the knob and went inside. He closed the door behind and walked over to comatose Mia. She had tubes and machines rigged up to her and also another for the baby that she was carrying. Chief Moon just stood over the child as he watched the ventilator machine hiss causing Mia's chest to go up and down. He moved a strand of her dark brown curly hair away from her face.

He started to reminisce of the little girl that used to run around his house when her parents would come over for dinner. How she would ask him so many questions about what his job was and how much she was happy that he did such a good job protecting her daddy and mommy. She was even there when he was made Chief of the police department. She was the first to rush over to him and give him a hug congratulating him. And now she was lying in an induced coma and carrying his son's child.

How did things actually turn out like this?

Was it a prediction that his best friend's daughter and his son would end up like this?

Chief Moon slammed his hand against the side of the wall. He ran his fingers through his salt and pepper hair thinking about everything and also what Yongguk said to him.

"Your son or anyone in your family can go to hell for all I care. Matter of fact your son already said that he didn't want to have any part in the child's life."

"Dammit, Jongup!!!" He yelled out.

Just then the monitors on the machine beeped rapidly and a rush of medical personnel came storming into the room including Dr. Thompson. "Damn, her's heart rate is dropping!! Clear the OR and get her there ASAP!"He ordered. They quickly pushed her away leaving Chief Moon stunned in the room.

"OH GOD, save that child," he begged. He rushed out of the room and saw Yongguk coming out from the room that he was in. He was rubbing his waist when he saw his sister being rushed past him.

"What..where are you taking her," He cried out.

The doctor rushed by him, " her heart rate started to drop. She heading back to the OR!" He explained before following behind the rest of the team. Yongguk dropped to his knees hearing his answer.

"NO, no. I can't lose her too," Yongguk blurted out.

The doctor turned back around. "We are going to do whatever we can." Before pushing through the OR doors.

"She can't die. Mia do you hear me, you can leave me like this!" Yongguk cried out causing everyone in the waiting room to turn and look at him as he started to crying hysterically. Himchan quickly came over to him and wrapped his arms around his shoulder.

"Don't worry Yongguk, she's a fighter." He said, consoling Yongguk.

~~~~~

Minutes turned into hours as everyone waited for the lights in the OR to go off. Yongguk kept pacing back and forth in the hallway waiting for the doctor to come out. Himchan had left to go to the coffee machine to get him some coffee. He waved it away not wanting anything to drink. His mind kept floating back to when he found out that his mother and brother had passed away from the car accident. The only person who was able to help him out of his slump was Mia and now she was basically fighting for her life and also the child that she was carrying inside her.

"Mia you promise that you would stay by my side. I'm not ready for you to leave me to now," he told himself.

On the other side of the waiting room, Chief Moon was thinking the same thing as well. "I'm sorry for whatever I said earlier. Please, GOD, don't take that child now." He cuffed his hands together praying for Mia to pull through. "I would give everything just to see your smiling face again, Mia."

Finally, after 10 grueling hours, the lights of the OR went off. Everyone in the room stood up and waiting at the double doors for the doctor to come out. Medical staff after staff poured out of the room but none was the doctor.

Yongguk and Chief Moon feared the worst when the doctor didn't come out. Finally, Dr. Thompson comes out after shaking his head. He had the look of being worn out so it wasn't sure if things were either good or bad.

He saw Yongguk and approach him. He placed a hand on Yongguk's shoulder. "If you come to tell me bad news, I suggest you walk away from me. Because I don't know what I would do," Yongguk warned.

The doctor took a step back after just being warned by Yongguk. He already knew what Yongguk was capable of after the episode from earlier. "Son, everything is alright. I'm not here to give you any bad news. Mia's going to be fine. We were able to stop the hemorrhage that was being caused in her brain. She's a fighter, I can say. We did lose her a couple of times but she kept coming back." He squeezed Yongguk's shoulder before walking away.

After hearing the news Yongguk collapsed on the floor again.

"Thank you," he whispered.

~~~~

AUTHOR'S NOTES: NOW I WOULDN'T DO THAT TO OUR MAIN CHARACTER OR WOULD I?

HMMM...NO?...SEE YA LATER THEN...

SONG POSTED: 박보람 (Park Boram) - 미안해요 (Sorry)

💛💙💛💙💛