The perfect plan

Oliver POV:

I walked into the common room just after hours managing not to get caught by any of the prefects. It was around 10:00pm and Snape never showed up for the detention. Meaning I had to spend 3 hours in a classroom with Marcus Flint. No adults around to keep and eye out.

It was alright I suppose. He only said a few nasty comments about how noisy I write or how annoying I can be. I don't think he realises how annoying he is either. But sweet at the same time.

'Oliver Wood what time do you call this?' A very concerned Percy asks.
He was sat up straight on one of the sofas close to the fire place facing the common room door.

'Blame Snape and Flint.' I told him.
Snape had never showed up and Flint was telling me the detention ended at 10.

'Why's everything always to do with either Quidditch or Flint?' The ginger boy questioned.

'I'm being serious he was in the detention too! Snape never came and he was telling me it ended at this time!'

'Nonsense. It's after hours. If you were caught out of the common room at this time you'd be in weeks detention you know.'

'I'm aware of that Perce. I'm heading off to bed.' I say walking towards the boys dorm.

'Goodnight.' I heard him say.

'Night.'

Draco POV:

All night I planned out the perfect plan to get revenge on Flint. It's his own fault for not letting me on the team. Snape told me he gave him detention for saying lies about me.
Father also won't reply to the letters I'm sending him.
I suppose he's busy with work like usual.

After reading through a book of jinx's for objects I had the perfect spell.
I were to jinx Flints broom so when he plays the match on Saturday he'll make a right fool of himself Infront of everyone.

This will work.

'Crabbe, Goyle go get me Flints broom from the broom cupboard outside the dungeons.' I say folding up my pieces of parchment.

It's simple really. If they didn't do it I'll tell my father, then he'll tell their fathers and they'll be sent out of school. They always do everything I say.

Neither of them replied but I heard them leave the common room just after I asked them to get his broom for me.

Hopefully the jinx works and lasts long enough. It should make him fall off his broom. Then his team will need a new captain and I can take his place. I'll kick him off the team and I'll get to be seeker. So what if first years can't play on the team. Potter got in so why can't I?

I could hear faint footsteps coming from the boys dorms. Someone was coming. I quickly packed up my plans and hid them under my robe making sure they couldn't be seen.

Flint POV:

It was getting late and I was getting rather thirsty. Everyone in my dorm was either awake or out the common room so I decided to leave the dorm and go to the bathrooms.
Heading down the hallway I could hear Malfoy saying something to someone.
And so I stopped to listen.

'From the broom cupboard outside the dungeons.' I could just hear.
What was he up to lurking around with the broom cupboard.

The door to the common room was forced open against the wall and the sound of footsteps leaving the common room was echoing throughout the room.

I decided to carry on the walking down the hall and spotted Malfoy sat on the sofa by the fire.

'What do you want Flint?' He asked rather demanding. He really was one to ask.

'I never said I wanted anything Malfoy, you don't own the common room.' I told him walking past him towards the door.

'Where are you going?' He asked again.

'It's none of your concern.'

'Your not allowed out the common room at this hour.' He said.

He seemed off.

'Since when have you cared? You and your goons are always sneaking out after hours.' I pointed out.

'For reasons Flint.'

'And I have a reason.'

'What reason?'

'Again none of your business.'

Why can't he just understand that?
By now I wasn't thirsty at all and to be honest going back to the dorm would be earlier then carrying on arguing with Malfoy. But then he's won.

'If you don't tell me Flint then I don't believe you.' He taunted.

'I'm not going to tell you Malfoy' I say walking back towards the dorms. There was no point arguing with him. He wouldn't stop.
I walked back into my dorm I shared and layed down staring at the ceiling. It was going to be a long night.

Percy POV:

I left the common room to do my prefect duties. I was a-bit late due to Oliver not coming back from detention till late. Of course I wasn't worried about him. Only a little. He never gets back that late. I knew he didn't have quidditch practice either. Not that late anyway.

Walking down towards the dungeons I could hear noises in the broom cupboard. Probably another couple snogging each others faces off.
Getting my wand out ready I walked over to the door and unlocked it facing two rather chunky Slytherin first years.

'What are you doing out of bed after hours in a broom cupboard?.' I asked the two boys.

One of them had hold of a few brooms while the other by the looks of it had been searching through them.

'It's none of your business Weasley.' The taller one said. Took them a while to think of what to say.

'Stealing I see? 10 points from Slytherin each for being out of bed after hours and for stealing others broomsticks. And detention.' I say getting out a bit of parchment to write their names down.

'What are your names?' I ask them.

'Crabbe, Goyle your taking long.' A voice said beside me.

I look to the side and see Malfoy carrying a book with parchment sticking out.

'What are you doing down here Weasley?' He questions.

'Mind your attitude Malfoy. I happen to be a prefect.' I told the blonde first year.

'Move along then the dungeons no place for a Gryffindor at night.' He says.
He was correct.

Draco POV:

I watch the stuck up Weasley boy walk away from the dungeons and turn to Crabbe and Goyle.

'What's taking you so long?' I ask them.

'We don't know which one is his.' Crabbe says. Lifting up two brooms.

'He's got the older model. Don't you two ever pay attention when they do practice?'

I pick up Flints broom and walk out the broom cupboard.
Both Crabbe and Goyle do the same and we walk back to the common room being quiet and stealth making sure we're not seen and caught by another prefect or teacher.

'I'll keep the broom under my bed for now and I'll put the jinx on it in the morning. Make sure you take it back to the broom cupboard after.' I tell them walking to my dorm in complete silence.

1213 words