Shared detentions

Oliver POV:
I walked towards the great hall thinking about my decisions. Do I go tell McGonagall about what Snape said last night or not? She could always try get me out of it I suppose. But if Snape finds out he'll give me more detentions?
Today was Thursday and the match against Slytherin was on Saturday. I could always put someone else in charge for today's practice.

Walking into the great hall I spotted Percy with his younger brother sat on the Gryffindor table and decided to join them.

'Late start today then Oliver?' Percy asked. I did wake up rather late. It would be helpful if he had woke me up as he was leaving at least.

'Yeah had a late night Snape kept me in for a while.'

'What did you do this time?' He questioned.

'Nothing honestly. McGonagall let me have the pitch to teach Potter how to play quidditch and he thought I was taking it from the Slytherins.'

'Tell her then she can get you out of it surely.' Percys younger brother said. He had a knitted jumper on with the letter R in the middle.

'Well you see Ron he's tried that before and every time Snape's  given him more detentions.' Percy said to Ron.

'That's true. Hence why I think I'm gonna have to go to this one.'

I put some food on my plate and started to eat. The food was always the same. It got a bit boring at times.

Flint POV:

I was eating my breakfast while reading quidditch through the ages when someone knocked my book into my food.

'Didn't see you there.' I heard Malfoy snigger.

I glared up at him picking my book up and throwing it at him.
'You had no reason to do that Malfoy.'

'Maybe if you let me have a chance I wouldn't have.' He said sitting down further down the table from me.

'He really is a git isn't he?' Said Adrian.
He just realised?

'Yeah. He's getting on my nerves.' I told him.

'Why don't you just tell Snape?' He said.

'I could always try I suppose.'

I didn't really enjoy the book anyway. If I told Snape, Malfoy would just make up an excuse for not doing anything. Which would get me into trouble. I'm sure he'll believe me. But Malfoy always has his reasons.

There was that feeling again.
Eyes burning into the back of my head.

'Woods looking at you again. Look at him.'
Said Terrence.

I turned my head and looked towards the Gryffindor table. Locking eyes with him again.

———time skip———

I knocked on Snape's office door and waited for him to answer.

'Come in'

I opened the door and walked in. Seeing Snape sat down behind his desk reading a book. A potions one by the look of it.

'What do you what Mr Flint I'm rather busy at the moment.'

'It's sort of a complaint Professor. Mr Malfoy has been none stop bothering me since the first day he came here asking to be on the team or knocking things of mine over into my food.' I told him. I knew he wouldn't believe me.

'I'm sure Mr Malfoy has not done anything wrong. And you have no proof.'

I knew it.

'So for lying. Trying to get another student. A first year student. In detention. I'm giving you detention tonight.'

'Professor I'm busy tonight.'

'Oh well.' He said waving for me to leave.

That means detention with Wood.

588 words