Smashed faces

Oliver's POV:

The smell coming from the Great Hall was astonishing, best thing I've ever smelt. I walked into the Great Hall with Percy, the twins, Ron and Harry. The Hall was a lot quieter then normal as most students had gone home for Christmas but it was still busy. Ron And Harry chose to sit away from everyone else at the other end of the table.
I could see lots of food placed out along the table, Soon to be in our stomachs.

'I've always liked spending Christmas at Hogwarts' Percy says while sitting down.
'Of course I enjoy it at home too but it's always different here'

'It feels more cheerful and bright.' I reply sitting beside him.
People seemed happier and more joyful, not a single stress about homework or exams, and a lot of time for Quidditch.

'There's normally a lot more people around Christmas, I guess that means more food for us.' Percy says, putting food onto his plate.

'There's more then enough to go around when everyone is here, you're sounding greedy Perce.' Fred says while pulling a cracker with George.

I laughed and started putting food onto my plate, I'm going to be sleeping wonderfully tonight.
I looked up from the table and spotted Flint sat alone on the Slytherin table, serves him right.
Yet why am I so bothered by him? He means nothing to me. I looked back down at the table and dug into my food.

Marcus POV:

Most people in my year had decided to go home this Christmas. I suppose staying alone for a bit would be nice. I sat myself at the Slytherin table, as far away as possible to anyone else, I really don't feel like socialising. But of course, Wood was sat directly Infront of me on the other table.

Shock.

I quickly finished off my food and left the Great Hall. Not making any eye contact with anyone that walked past.

No ones POV:

Night started to settle in and less people were hanging around the corridors. A peaceful, gentle breeze made the night still.

All interrupted by two rivals biting each others heads off.

Oliver's POV:

I was walking towards the doors to go out on the quidditch pitch when I hear someone muttering around the corner, So I decided to go look. As I walked around the corner I spot Flint holding a second year by the front of his jumper, The poor second year looked hurt.

'Flint.' I say, slowly pulling my wand out of my pocket.

No ones POV:

Both Marcus and the second year turned their heads towards Oliver who was standing in the corner of the corridor.

'Fancy seeing you here Wood.' Marcus says dropping the second year onto the floor.

'Leave them alone, go pick on someone your own size.' Oliver says, keeping his wand down.

Oliver looked shocked, Marcus had stepped away from the second year with his hands up, letting the second year escape the older year.

'Shame you're not my size.' He replies.

'What are you playing at??' Oliver asks, taking a step back.

'What could you possibly mean Wood? I've let them go, nothing to worry about.' The boy grins staring at the other boy.

'You never act like this, what have you done?'

'Absolutely nothing, don't understand why you ask such thing'. Marcus replies, stepping towards Oliver.

'You're up to something Flint, tell me.'

'Why don't we just go back to our dorms, it's Christmas after all.'

'Tell me what yo-'

Marcus had punched Oliver right in the nose, causing him to fall back onto the floor.

'I'm not up to anything Wood, I've told you.' He says, turning his back on him.
There was a sudden pain in the back of the Slytherins head. The Gryffindor had punched him in the back of the head.

Christmas had ended in the Hospital Wing for both the boys, both in detentions for days.