The sorting

Percy POV:
I had never been so nervous in my life! I really wanted to be in the same house as Oliver. He was kinda cute. No Percy. Don't get distracted. Grades not dates.
After a few minutes a tall woman in a green dress appeared at the top of the stair case.
No ones POV:
All of the first year students looked up from where they were standing.
'Hello first years. Now before you sit down you will be sorted into your house. The houses are Gryffindor, Ravenclaw, Hufflepuff and Slytherin. Now if you could form a line for me that would be wonderful.' Said Professor McGonagall.
Oliver POV:
This is it! We're finally going in! I wonder if I see Marcus. I could hang around with him with Percy I'm sure they'll get along with each other.
'Are you nervous Oliver?' Said Percy beside me.
'A little. I hope we get in Gryffindor' I say
'Oh yeah. Definitely.' He said.
Percy sounded pretty scared. To be fair I am to. This is where I'll be for the next seven years.
Marcus POV:
This part of the feast takes forever. Why can't they come in already? I'm starving! Terence won't stop going on about how he wants to make the quidditch team this year. He wants to be seeker. That's the worse position to be in quidditch I must say. I think I'd be a fair chaser. I'm fast on a broom and I've got a fair throw.
'Finally there coming in.' Said Terence.
I looked towards the doors and saw the first years. Oliver must hate me now. I stormed off without saying anything.
'Their so small I hope none of them get into Slytherin they'll be rubbish at everything.'
'Oh be quiet Terrence no one cares what you think about them.' I told him.
'Someones gone soft. He said. 'Who were you sat with at the start of the train ride?'
Crap what will I say.
'I uh. I was sat on my own. It's nice sitting on your own.' I reply.
'Oh really. Not starting on any first years are you?' He laughed.
I had nothing to say. He came to me first. It's true I was on my own at the start until Oliver came in. I could just tell him that.
'Of course not! I was sat on my own. And a first year came in asking to be friends.'
'How sweet of them' he continued laughing.
What a jerk. I looked back at the first years and made eye contact with Oliver. He looked so cute in his robes.
Oliver POV:
The Great Hall was huge! Not as big as I imagined it. And there was so many students. I didn't see this many on the train when I was boarding. Looking around I found the Slytherin table. Marcus must be sat on there somewhere. As I got closer to the front of the hall I found him. We made eye contact.
No ones POV:
'Now when I call out your name. You will come to the front and will be sorted.' Professor McGonagall explained.
'Good luck.' Whispered Percy.
'Uh yeah you to.' Oliver replied. He was embarrassed.
'Percy Weasley.' Professor McGonagall said.
Percy POV:
'Percy Weasley'
Oh no why did I have to go first. I walked slowly over to the front towards McGonagall and sat down on the small stall. Then it went black.
'Ah another Weasley.' Said a voice.
'I know just where to put you.'
'GRYFFINDOR!' Yelled the hat!
There was cheering coming from one side of the room. I stood up and ran over to the Gryffindor table. I did it! I got in Gryffindor!
'Oliver Wood' said McGonagall.
Oliver POV:
'Oliver Wood'
Here goes. Percy got in Gryffindor. Hopefully I can get in to. He was lucky. Maybe it was just luck? I walked over to the front and sat down on the stall where Percy was just sat. The hall went silent.
'Hm a Wood. Most of your family have gone in Gryffindor but where to put you. Yes you are very brave but you have some leadership in you. Slytherin wouldn't be too bad you know. You can make great friends.
'Gryffindor please. Put me in Gryffindor.' I say to the hat quietly.
'Gryffindor hm? Well If so it better be.

728 words