Crushes

Oliver POV:

'What do you mean I have detention?' I asked Snape stood by the door of his office.

'You heard me correctly Mr Wood. Mr Flint had booked the pitch for this evening you must have known that.'

'Professor McGonagall let me have it to teach Potter the rules of the game.' I told him. There's no way I'll get out of this. Even if he does talk to McGonagall I'll still get given detention. He'll just make up an excuse in potions for something I never did.

'You can not use that as an excuse. You could have told her the pitch was booked and waited another day.' He stated.

'You know I can't do that Professor there's a match on Saturday.'

'Exactly why you were trying to stop Slytherin from practicing. Detention tomorrow night 7:00.'

'Fine.' I sighed walking out the greasy mans office walking out the dungeons. I told myself at the start of the year that I'd try not to get in detention for the slightest of things. There's always next year I suppose. Someone must have seen us out on the pitch and told Snape. But I didn't see anyone around?

Just as I walked around the corner I saw Flint and his team. Looking like they had just come back from practice. I quickly turned the other way and tried to find another way to the common room without being spotted by the group. Didn't want to be called a spy.

After minutes of searching I finally decided to just go back the way I came. Hoping they wouldn't be there.

Flint POV:

Snape said he'd track Wood down and give him detention blocking out his training sessions in the evenings. We managed to get an extra twenty minutes on the pitch.

'We're definitely gonna win this match I know it.' Said Adrian.

'Not if you jinx it Pucey.' I told him.

'Was that Wood by the dungeons?' Questioned Terrence.

I looked forward and didn't see anyone. Must have been some lost first year. That's what I told him. We walked through the dungeons and went into the common room. It was packed with students. I decided to head up to my dorm and change back into my school robes for dinner. I'm starving.

There was a knock on the door.

'Flint are you in there?' I heard a voice say.

'What do you want.' I asked.

'To ask you a question.' They said.

I walked over to the door opening it slightly to see who it was.

'I watched you train earlier. Your seekers rubbish let me play.' Said Malfoy with his goons just behind him listening to the conversation.

'He was not rubbish and caught the snitch quite quickly actually. Now shove off and mind your own business.' I told him firmly.

'It was longer then quickly. I was watching.'

'I guessed.'

'I'm a good player. A good flyer to.'

'I don't care.'

'Surely being a good flyer impresses you.' He asked.

'No it does not. It's about skills and movement.'

'That's not what my father said.'

'And has your father ever played quidditch before?' I asked him sarcastically. He was straight up lying about everything he was saying. It was so obvious.

'Well no. But he knows a lot.' He replied. Thinking about his answer.

'Look your not being on the team this year alright? Maybe in a few years.'

'That's just unfair! Your only picking your friends to be on the team!' He shouted at me.

'I wasn't friends with them to start with I made friends with most of them along the way now leave.'

I shut my door and walked away from it. I could hear faint talking from behind the door and heavy footsteps of people going back to the common room. I lied down and stared at the ceiling.

Draco POV:

I've had enough of that troll looking idiot! I'm so good at quidditch and he just doesn't realise. Maybe if he gave me a chance too! I need to impress potter! To show him that I'm better then him at something for once! I walked into the common room and sat down on a chair by the fire. Crabbe and Goyle sitting opposite me.
They wouldn't understand quidditch. They hardly know what there doing in lessons. Let alone homework. Father insisted on buying me the new broom before I came here. Mother told him that I wasn't allowed on the team in first year. I will get the new broom. Potter will be so jealous!

'Dracey! You haven't done the homework for potions!' A girl named Pansy Parkinson said behind me grabbing onto my shoulders quite firmly.

'I did it earlier alright? Let go of my shoulders it hurts.' I complained.

'Oh I'm sorry dracey pooh.' She said letting go of my shoulders and sitting next to me. This girl clearly had a thing for me. I didn't like her. There was a certain someone I did like though. I just wish they'd notice me. In a nice way of course. I guess I have a crush on this someone. This someone no one will ever know.

'Potter got on the team. I don't find that fair. He's trying to show off In front of you obviously.'

'I think everyone knows he got on the team. I'm still trying to get on but they won't let me.' I told her.

'He's told you already Malfoy no first years.' An older boy sat near us said. I recognised him.

'Pucey is it?' I asked him.

'If you keep asking him obviously he's going to say no.' He said.

'And if I don't ask him I'll end up forgetting.'

'Do that then.'

I grunted and got up walking to my dorm with crabbe and Goyle following behind. I don't understand why some people get their own dorms and some people have to share. I'd love to have my own. I will have to tell father about this.

1004 words