I Love You Too | Swiftpaw x Male!Reader

💕Requested: ThatOneBigMHAFan💕
~~~~~
⚠️WARNINGS⚠️
Angst
Gore/Blood
Major Character Death
****
A/N: Y/N is your apprentice name. You will be an apprentice throughout this story. M/N will be your Mentor's Name.
~~~~~
You watched sadly as Swiftpaw glared from the edge of the clan, staring at where Bluestar had gone back into her den, while Fireheart argued with Longtail. Your E/C eyes shone with worry as you padded over to Swiftpaw, smiling softly.

"Hey," At the sound of your voice, the tom lifted his head up, eyes still sharp and glaring, however they softened noticing who was actually talking to them.

"Oh...hi Y/N." Swiftpaw's voice was quiet as he looked back down. You smiled, sitting down beside him.

"You okay...?"

"Why wouldn't I be?" You sighed, whiskers twitching as your eyes met his, the other tom's ears flat against his head.

"Swiftpaw...it's alright. Bluestar isn't...herself right now. You need to understand-"

"-Are you SIDING with that-that- crazed old cat!? Brightpaw and I deserve to be warriors! Why aren't you mad!? Bluestar told M/N that you can't be a warrior either!"

"Because-" you sighed, F/C pelt fluffing you in annoyance as you looked aside-"forget it...you won't listen to me anyway." Tail flicking, you began to walk away, Swiftpaw's amber eyes widened in panic as he got to his feet.

"Y/N wait! I-I didn't-" but you were already gone, heading over to your mentor M/N and asking if you could have a battle lesson. Swiftpaw sighed sadly as he looked away, claws scratching at the ground.
~~~~~~
You sighed, the moon shining above as you sat at the lake on your side of the territory, ears flat. Your ears twitched as you heard pawsteps coming up behind you, and you immediately jumped to your feet and bared your teeth, F/C pelt fluffed up. It flattened, however, when you noticed the familiar black and white form of your friend, his amber eyes shining sadly.

"Y-Y/N..." you sighed, turning back around. Your harsh encounter with Swiftpaw was still fresh in your mind.

"What do you want Swiftpaw?" The small tom sighed, and looked aside before back at you, sitting beside you.

"I'm sorry...I-I was angry...I didn't mean to snap at you...I just- I want to be a warrior so bad...and that Cloudtail got his name before us!"

"Are you mad he's a kittypet? Because so was our deputy, and he's been- well honestly leading our clan for a while now..."

"I-not entirely...it's just...we've been apprentices for longer...we deserve our names just as much! I was angry...I shouldn't have taken it out on you...I'm sorry..." Your eyes softened as you nudged the tom, and you could have sworn you felt his pelt heat up.

"It's fine mouse-brain...come on, why don't we run around for a little before the Gathering ends..." Swiftpaw smiled happily, and soon began racing after you.

You laughed, trying to ignore the red tint on your face as you felt your pelt heat up.
><><><><
You yawned, ears twitching as you heard two voices from the entrance to the apprentice den. It's still night...what in StarClan...? As you opened your eyes, they widened as you noticed Swiftpaw and Brightpaw slipping out of the apprentice den and into the forest. Tilting your head, your E/C eyes glittered with worry as you followed after them silently, tail flicking slowly.
><><><><
~Swiftpaw's P.O.V~
Swiftpaw panted as he tried to race up the tree with Brightpaw, yowling in panic as he began to slip, feeling the dogs hot breath on his pelt as they snapped at him.

I-I'm done for! Swiftpaw closed his eyes before hearing a third yowl, and looked down to see the familiar F/C pelt of the same tom he'd been friends with since kithood slash at the dog's leg, catching their attention.

"Y/N!!" He yowled, and the tom looked up while running.

"QUICK! GET DOWN AND BACK TO THE CLAN! I'LL DISTRACT THEM!"

"N-NO! I won't leave you!!" Swiftpaw felt tears burn at the side of his eyes as Brightpaw pushed him as she leapt down.

"COME ON!" Swiftpaw took one look back at his friend, before he let the tears begin to fall and race off back to the clan, trying to block out the snapping and barking of the dogs behind them.
~~~~~~
Swiftpaw led the patrol consisting of Brightpaw, Fireheart, Longtail, Mousetail, Cinderpelt and M/N back into the forest, his heart pounding. Please StarClan...let him be okay! Let Y/N be okay!

As they got closer, his pale amber eyes widened as a large stench of blood flooded into his nose. No...StarClan no!! He raced ahead, ignoring the cries from the other cats and leapt over a fallen tree branch, his heart cracking as he took in the sight before him.

The blood pooled underneath onto the ground in a thick crimson pile. The F/C apprentice was barely recognisable through all the scars and bite marks that surrounded his body, fur missing in clumps, and a torn ear and broken paw as he lay there, still as the blood continued to pour from his wounds. Swiftpaw screamed as he raced over to their side, tears pouring from his eyes.

"Y/N!! C-can you hear me!? Please don't leave me!! I'm here!!" Swiftpaw cried, nudging close to the tom as he looked up, hearing a weak and choked noise from the tom, as he coughed out the same red liquid that now began to coat Swiftpaw's fur.

"S-Swift..." Y/N began, trembling as he continued to choke through his words. Swiftpaw shook his head, nudging himself close to the tom.

"S-Shh you'll be okay! You'll be fine alright!?" He looked up to Cinderpelt who stared in horror, before turning to Swiftpaw with a devastating gaze. Swiftpaw shook his head as he turned back to his friend, who had put his paw on Swiftpaw's weakly.

"I-I'm s...sorry..." he coughed up blood, his head rolling to the side as he smiled weakly up at the apprentice, his E/C eyes slowly loosing their colour. "I h...had to s...save you...I co-couldn't lose you..." Swiftpaw sobbed, curling up around the tom.

"I-I know...this is all my fault...I'm so sorry..." Y/N smiled, leaning his head close to Swiftpaw's as his breathing began to slow.

"...I love you...S-Swiftpaw..." the black and white tom's eyes widened as he looked up at his friend, who now lay silently on the ground, eyes open but dull, their once bright and vibrant colour vanished, staring at nothing. Swiftpaw trembled as he nudged his face into the tom's fur, screaming and sobbing as he trembled.

"Y/N PLEASE! W-Wake up!!! Don't leave me!!"

"I love you too..."
******
God this hurt to write xD, I love Swiftpaw a lot. Sorry this took so long, and hope you all enjoyed this one-shot! Take care everyone 💙💕💙💕