You Won't Control Me | Darktail x Female!Reader PT. 3 [Ending 2]

💕 Requested By: No one 💕
~~~~~
⚠️WARNINGS⚠️
Little bit of angst
Mentions of murder
Little bit of blood/violence
~~~~~
A/N: This is the "Good" ending of my Darktail x Female!Reader series. For context, read the previous three parts, one of which is the 'Bad' ending. This story will primarily follow the children Y/N had. They are all warriors now, and Darkpaw will be Dark(suffix) as in whatever suffix you have Y/N.
~~~~~
The F/C she-cat growled as she looked down on the clan, the son she had given birth to standing beside ShadowClan's leader, calmly and kindly. Her ears twitched as she heard pawsteps coming towards her.

"You failed Y/N." The tom's voice sounded triumphant, his head held high as his pelt shimmered with the glow of StarClan. "Your son will lead ShadowClan after Tigerstar...and will usher in an age of prosperity for the clan..."

The she-cat snarled, E/C eyes glaring daggers at the tom. "This isn't over Blackstar," she hissed, claws digging into the dark ground below her, of her new home, "Mark my words...'

"I will find a way..."
><><><><
"Darkpaw, you have shown strength, loyalty and determination through your apprenticeship. By the power of StarClan, I name you Dark(suffix), after your mother Y/N." Dark(suffix) swallowed and nodded, touching noses with Tigerstar as the clan called out his name. His blue eyes shone nervously as he caught the eye of his sisters; K/N1 and K/N2, who had been given their warrior names a few moons before him.

He and his sisters had stuck together, and even though he had wanted revenge when he was younger, now that they had been going through with it, Dark(suffix) had felt more guilty and stressed with every moment.

As he padded down after the clan had, quite reluctantly called his name, he could hear their whispers.
~~~~
"Look at him, he's the perfect image of Darktail..."

"Tigerstar should have thrown him and his sisters out..."

"They should never have been allowed to stay, and neither should their fox-heart of a mother."
~~~~
Dark(suffix) felt his claws dig into the ground, but any anger he used to feel had now ebbed away, replaced with guilt. He was turning out like his father, with every moment and every choice...he was becoming Darktail.

"Dark(suffix)," his ears twitched as he came face to face with the green eyes of Tawnypelt, one of the cats who had let his mother die that fateful day. She seemed to smile softly, though there was guilt behind her eyes. Good...

"I wanted to congratulate you. I'm not...blind or deaf when it comes to what I hear...but I want you to know that...if you ever want to talk about it...I am here. I went through the same thing during my apprenticeship in ThunderClan, and a little bit here..." Dark(suffix)'s eyes seemed to soften with surprise, and opened his mouth to respond before his sisters came up to him.

"Dark(suffix)!" K/N1 smiled, though her green eyes were dark as she glared sideways at Tawnypelt. "We want to speak with you before your vigil!" K/N2 nodded as she moved him away with her tail, the two of them slipping to a private part of the clan.

"What is it?" Dark(suffix) mewed softly, trying to hide the exhaustion from his voice, which had found itself coming around every time they spoke to him about their plans.

"Now that you're a warrior," K/N2 began, her white fur bristling excitedly, "we can begin phase two of our plan for revenge!" K/N1 nodded, but as she moved to speak, her brother sighed softly.