Family Matters

Sorry for the Wait!  Here's the next chapter. Enjoy!

The next morning I awoke on one end Stella's couch, Stella snoring like a bear on the other.

Last night was pretty much the most perfect night of my life.  Stella and I really sorted things out and prioritized certain aspects that we want in our relationship. And I am  still quite shocked how she took in everything so... calmly. After dinner we strolled around the city and just enjoyed each others presence. Then we came back to her place to watch some chessy romantic comedies.

I yawn and stretch as I shuffle into Stella's kitchen  to raid her fridge,  which sat filled with organic and gluten-free goodies. I take out a bottle of water and feel two warm arms wrap around my lower back. "Hey Santy."  I hear a sweet,  soft voice laugh.

I turned giving her the brow. "Santy? " I ask.  "Yeah baby, that's my new nickname for you. " She smiles and bits her lip. Secretly,  I love it. "Says who? " I playfully frown.  She laughs and says,  "Your girlfriend. " I smirk and wrap my arms around her waist,  "Okay baby, do you want me to make breakfast magically appear?" She nods and with the snap of my fingers, a grand spread is displayed on her kitchen table. She sits on my lap and feeds me my scrambled cheddar eggs. "Thanks baby." I grin as she dabs my mouth.  "Any-" "Aww,  how cute! " We look up and see Farrah and Skylar stepping through the front door. "Hey Nik,  your butler driver guy is downstairs  with a message for you. " Stella and I hurry and complete our meal and meet Walsh downstairs.

He dressed in  his full uniform and a long pull over coat. Stella greeted Walsh and he simply tipped his hat in her direction. "Young Master,  you and Miss Stella are invited to a family dinner at your father's estate at 6 o'clock  this evening . I believe the reason being is your brother's wedding dinner rehearsal and to celebrate your homecoming. " "Okay,  thank you Walsh. " "Oh also Young Master, you have a few business arrangements to tend to before the matter. "  "Very well then, " I grin, but I silently curse myself for forgetting about that little part.

*  

"Here baby, use my black card to buy something nice for tonight's dinner, okay? " I place the card in her hands before exiting the limo. She hesitantly places the card in her wallet. I already knew what she was thinking.  "Take it,  I'd be insulted if you didn't."   I grin.  "Oh,  and please be ready by 5:30, I'll pick you up then."  I pull her face closer to me and kiss her lips. After a  few seconds of this,  I pull away and say, "I love you. Don't miss me too much." I wink.  Stella smiles and says,  "Bye,  love you Santy."  I  wave and walk into my building headquarters , my business.

"Good morning and welcome back Mr. Sorrentino, " a receptionist greets me.  I smile and instantly a latte is  placed in my right hand,  and a manilla folder in the other. One of my personal assistants,  Swanson appeared next to me just before I stepped into the elevator.  "Swanson,  report please. " "Sir, first welcome back  and during your break business has been quite busy and remarkably successful. This is this months total tax revenue and budget setup. " Swanson explains pointing to the folder in my hand.  "The restaurant has hired two new valet drivers due to their recent reckless driving and DUI charge. And we've recently  replaced  the booths in the under sea lounge." Impressive report skills.   I enter my office which sat clean and everything neat and in place. "We need your approval on various changes and we need you to sign off on a few legal documents on tax and billing from Human Resources,  if that's fine with you. " Swanson sets the thick folder on my desk and leaves without another word. Flipping through the pages of documents and plans and constructing  them took  only a few hours.  I eventually initial wherever necessary and send them off to be filed. Swanson reenters with a gigantic binder.

Swanson chuckles,  "Next sir,  kitchen renovation, seasonal menu selection,  and 'grocery shopping'. This will be a quick approval process and then I will leave you to enjoy your lunch. " I pick out new stainless steel, cutter board safe, countertops and kitchen ware to match,  approve several requests for low calorie and fat-free meal options, pick out stain-resistant, durable,  black carpet for the under sea lounge,  and approve a slight change in decor by the main entrance.  Of course I sent someone to order more food for my restaurant. High noon arrives and so does my appetite. One of my receptionist poked her head through my door.  "Sir,  you have a call on line four. " I nod and pick up the phone. No caller I.D.