Some Santa Business

Final Chapter. Sorry if the ending is "meh." Kept it short and sweet. - XOXO

One Week Before Christmas

(Nik's POV)

"Hey baby so since I'm pregnant now you should go make me some cookies. " I grin rubbing my large, Santa belly. I caught a glimpse of Stella's smile. "Babe, pay attention to me. " I joke hopping onto our bed.

Ever since we returned to the North Pole after Thanksgiving, Stella has been busy with college term stuff. So for the past hour I've been saying stupid things to get her attention. I know that since it's so close to Christmas that I shouldn't be goofing around, but we're totally ahead of the game. Everything is already prepared.

"Nik, give me just one hour to study without your cute jokes, and the rest of the day we'll do anything you want. I promise." Stella says, setting her textbook aside.

"Anything? " I ask with a mischievous grin. Even though I'm in my Santa body, I can still h- "Anything but that, perv. Like we can go mountain climbing or visit the village and ice skate. " Stella smiles. "Fine, but I still want those cookies, Mrs. Clause. " I wink at her before I leave our bedroom and teleport to the workshop.

"Ah Nik, just the person that I wish to see. Now that everything is set, where is that Christmas vacation that you promised to Aruba?" Commander Elf chimed. I noticed he had his bags packed already, dressed in khakis and one of those ugly Hawaiian tourist T-shirts. Ugh, the fashionable horror.

"As you wish, but only because I can't stand to look at that hideous shirt. " I sigh snapping my fingers. He disappeared completely. The workshop stood nearly empty as the elves were enjoying the Jolly Festival back in their village across the snow cape. Why did it seem like everyone was busy except me?

I know the big day is in a week, but couldn't somebody cut into their schedule and make some Nik time? Oh lord, I sound like Vargus. Just as I turned around, a small elve's face collided with my plump belly and they toppled over. I couldn't help but let out a hearty ho ho ho. The elf stood up and dusted himself off.

"Why Pumchu, what is the rush? " I ask. He's a bit flustered and his rosey cheeks seemed a bit swollen. "Just drank to much spiced hot chocolate is all, fair greeting Santa Clause. " He spoke rather quickly before scurrying into another direction. Before I could stop him, he disappeared from sight.

What's going on?

Is everyone avoiding me?

Within an hour I call Oliver and Swanson to check up on a few things back down in NYC. I even called Ethan and told him where he could find the Christmas gift that I left for him. He's been a good boy this year, so I bought him a yacht and pulled a few strings to make that clothing line dream of his happen.

Back in my home, I enter expecting silence only to hear to loud buzz of Stella's snores. I teleport up into our bedroom and onto the bed. Messing with get while she's sleeping is this funniest. I pluck a feather from my red Santa pants and tickle her nose. She swats it away and sneezes; immediately waking her up.

She screamed seeing how close I was and she fell off the bed. "Scared you baby, didn't I? " I laugh, helping her up. "You know that hour is up sweetheart. " I grin. She pushes me away. "Babe, you're not funny you scared me, you creepy old man. " She packed up her books and began to walk out of the room.

I follow her, "Baby, where are you going? You promised we would ha-" "Shut up Nik! " She teased walking down the hall. I find her in my study, pondering over the book shelves. I lean over her. "You're coming with me, Mrs. Clause. " I grin snaking my arm around her waist. She brushes me away smiling.