Christmas Mis-Fortune

Stella and I have been dating for two weeks now and I must say the girl changes me.

My employees and staff are even surprised by my kinder, happier appearance.

I remember in high school maybe about once a month, Stella and I would volunteer at the local homeless and pet shelters within the community.

Not just because we needed the community service hours, but also because it felt great to give to others.

So that's why we're going grocery shopping today.

I dress in a suitably appropriate sweater with khaki pants and boots. Then I bundle up in a body coat and leather gloves.

Stepping outside into the New York weather, soft snow cascaded down from the white sky layering onto the cold ground.

Holiday lights twinkled brightly across the city as they were attached to every building.

Walsh pulled up and opened the door to the limo for me. I greet him with a nod and a grin as I spot him a crisp Benjamin.

"Where to young master? " Walsh grinned at me from the rearview mirror.

"The Whole Foods on Graham and Salisbury, please." I request texting away on my phone.

I'm glad to finally some spend time with Stella.Though there's one thing; she insisted on bringing her friend, Cleo.

I knew Cleo in high school, I didn't like him then, and I don't like him now.

He's a true pain. He was that one guy in class who reminded the teacher about homework and other due assignments.

"Oh teacher is there any homework?"

Ugh, and now he's really sarcastic and lame. Kinda like my brother, Vargus.

As Walsh pulls up to the front of the Whole Foods enterance, I see Stella and Cleo waiting outside for me.

I climb out thanking Walsh and greet my Stella with a kiss and a nod for Cleo.

Stella and I enter hand in hand. I grab a shopping cart.

Stella hands me the grocery list.

"Okay, so we need to buy enough food to feed 150 people, then..." I calculate out loud.

"Obviously ..." Cleo snorted. I gave him annoyed glance.

Ignoring him, the three of us worked hard and managed to pull around the mass of food in various shopping carts.

When we got to the register, the three of us split the total even.

At least Cleo is useful, he borrowed his brother's mini moving vans to transport the food to the shelter.

We also have a team of people who buy food and items for the pet shelter.

After shopping Stella and I decide to have dinner at my place.

"May I get myself a glass of water?" Stella asks wrapping me in a hug.

I laugh and reply, "No."

She scoffs and playfully hits my chest. "And why is that? "

"Why do it yourself when I have maids and a butler." I reply with a grin.

With the snap of my fingers, Oliver stood at our side awaiting my command.

"Yes young master?"

"May you please bring my Stella a glass of water?"

"Right away young master." Oliver replies and vanishes down a dimly lit corridor.

I've been thinking, next week when we serve the meals to the homeless, I'm going to be quite busy preparing my lounge and restaurant for the upcoming season.

So I really won't see Stella as much. I mean the girl is practically my life source.

So why not skip the "Feeding the Community" event and spend the entire day together. It'll be just this much.

As much as I hate it, holiday season is the busiest time for me.

I explain my logic and idea about skipping the event and immediately regret it.

"No absolutely not. We do this every year, you and I together. I'll still be there with you." Stella says.

"But I want you all to myself. Think about it, I'll be busy all week and plus we did our part and bought the food." I explain.

She pulls away. " No Nikolass, we'll need the extra hand. I can't believe you right now. We can always spend time together another time.

"This is extremely selfish of you. Doing this event with you is the only holiday tradition I stick to because of certain reasons, but that's a whole other story in itself. You're going to take that away from me because you wanna go on a date!"

"Think about the people at the shelter, and how you'll be letting them down."

Stella says all this speaking realty fast.When she's angry, she doesn't yell, she talks fast.

She's sexy when she's mad.

"Don't think of it like that. Think of it as me wanting to be with my beautiful girlfriend. Forget about the silly event, we can do something more important together. "

I pause when I realize how selfish I really did sound. Oh my God!

Wow, I feel like such a dick.

"Unbelievable. " Stella scoffs grabbing her coat.

"S-stella wait please - I didn't me-" I call after her.

She slams the door on the way out.

I collapse onto the couch quickly realizing what I've just said to my Stella

Back in high school, Stella's family didn't really celebrate Christmas. Ever.

I remember Stella telling me that every year it was the same old stuff. Her parents vacationing throughout the holidays and her older siblings going off and vacationing on their own as well leaving her by herself every holiday.

Stella said it seemed like every year, Christmas would just seem like any other day.

That's when she moved to New York and found a new Christmas tradition. Which was volunteering at the shelter with me.

So far every year we kept up to the shelter tradition, and that's how still and I would spend Christmas. Then of course I'd be with my family on the actual Christmas day.

I forgot how important it was to the both of us, because it meant everything to her and actually brought back some Christmas spirit to her holidays .

And that little joy that she actually had of the holidays, I just basically told her that it was nothing and that it was not special.

And all because I want to be selfish.

I locked my phone and tried calling Stella, but of course she ignored all my calls and my texts and my emails and my voice mails.

I sigh and pick up my coat. Waiting outside. Walsh pulls up and sees my long face. "Young master is there a problem that I can help tend to?"

"No, " I gruff. I felt a massive blow to the back of my head. Great another headache, haven't had one of those in a while.

I climb into the limo. "Where to young master?" Walsh asks.

"A bar... but surprise me." I replied.

Author's Note

Once again there's another chap! Hope you enjoyed it as always.
Sorry for the late update, I was baking cookies and cupcakes for Christmas! Anyway have a Merry Christmas! And as always keep reading! :)

XOXOXOXO, Jynnie_Nevaeh

P.S. Please excuse any misspellings and/or errors!