Birthday Wishes

Super long chapter for you guys! Thank you so much for being patient with me! Please enjoy this chapter! XO

September

(Nik's POV)

I lay my head gently on my pillow and turn out my light. Just before I could rest my tired eyes, a soft knock on my bedroom door brings me out of my sleepy state.

"You may enter. " I call out aloud. I sit up in bed, and peer through the darkness by the entrance of my large bedroom. Through the door, Pumchu appears with a glass of water.

"Just as you requested, Santa. " He places the glass on my bed post and silently slips out of the door. A faint thank you escapes my dry lips. I sat up silently in the darkness for what seemed like an eternity.

"What's wrong? Perhaps are you ill? " a light voice whispered. From beyond the shadows and moonlight peeking around my bedroom curtain, cast a silhouette. I pulled my blankets up to my chin, startled, though too weak to move anymore.

"Who's there? " I ask peering into the darkness. Beads of sweat dripped down my forehead. My hands gripped the comforter tighter as the shadow spoke nothing more, slowly advancing towards me, closing in on me.

It stopped just at the foot of my bed. A gentle night breeze fluttered between the opaque curtains sending a soft breeze to brush upon my stimulated skin. Who opened my window? I scrunched up against my head board, and the room began to spin. Endlessly, it seemed.

The shadow leaned forward, "Why are you scared? I do not wish to harm you. " It's dry whisper barely audible. It continued to lean forward until a little light from the open window cast upon it's face.

I gasp!

The face belonged to...

*

"Nikolass, oh Nikolass you, crazy boy! Wake up immediately! "

Startled, I climb out of bed, rubbing the sleep from my eyes. I slip into my robe and reindeer house slippers. Commander Elf stood by my bedroom window with his arms folded firmly.

I pull on my reading glasses, and glanced at my clock. The screen read; 4:30 AM. Three hours earlier than my usual morning alarm clock setting. "What is the reason that you interrupt my slumber? " I sigh sitting on the edge of my bed. I place my glasses back on my bedpost and massage my temples.

"You are needed back in New York. Saint Madame Mary has approved your sudden departure, especially since it's so close to Christmas. "

"Why am I needed back in New York? Is it family related? "

"You'll find that out much later. So hurry and pack, we leave at daybreak." He says.

Daybreak? "That's in two hours."

"I know it. Be prepared. Try not to pack everything this time. " Commander Elf turned on his heels and disappeared out the door.

Back on my bedpost, I notice a glass of water sat untouched, and my bedroom window open. Perhaps that was not a dream, but a morphed reality.

*

"Are you feeling better, Santa? Would some hot spiced tea sit best with your icky throat? " Wessna asked.

"Yes please. " I confirm with a weak smile. She hands me the cup before I climb into the helicraft, this time the size is modified for my human size.

Commander Elf crawls into the pilots seat. I buckle in and set my luggage load aside. From the window of the helicraft, I watched as the entire village waved goodbye as we slowly lifted off the ground and into the wintry tundra.