Making Stella Mine

Stella appeared dressed beautifully in a long sleeve black dress the stopped just above her knees with nude pumps.

I admire her professional sense of fashion, it matches my taste and I don't feel overdressed around her.

Her hair flowing down her back. "You look lovely." I smile taking her arm in mine.

She smiles and says , "You're so sweet."

Walsh arrives just as we exit the rink. I hold open the door for Stella and climb in after her.

"Hello Walsh." Stella smiles greeting my driver. Walsh tips his hat with a smile.

"And to you Miss Stella. Uh, where to young master?" Walsh asks pulling out of the campus.

I turn to look at Stella. "SoHo has this new steak house that I've dying to try on Bowery and Grand street."

"You heard the girl ,Walsh." I chuckle.

The steakhouse resembled a steakhouse like no other- that I've seen.

I was expecting a commoner restaurant, but this is far more exclusive and private. Seeing as how you have to be approved upon entry.

"What type of steakhouse has a bouncer?" Stella asked as we took our seats in the dark candle lit restaurant.

With such lavish and elegant decor carefully placed, you'd think you were at a wedding.

I spread a napkin in my lap and over my shirt as Stella does so the same.

"So tell me," She spoke glancing at the menu. Her eyes adverting quickly to mine.

"What are your plans for the holidays?" She took a sip of her red wine.

Going home and all would be great, but lately I think I've been needing some alone time. Some solitude.

I just came back from vacation two months ago from a cruise in Northern Europe.

"Probably just me. What about you? Any major plans?" I don't look up from my menu.

The lobster and sirloin sounds good, but the stuffed salmon sounds better.

"My parents are in on vacation in Greece and my older siblings all went on a Christmas cruise. So it'll just be me."

Perfect.

After we ordered, we talked about business, school, and just life in general.

Though when our lunch arrived, hardly any words were spoken. I must admit, I dug in- with manners of course.

I looked over at Stella's plate. I could tell she was full by the way she lightly rubbed her stomach.

I grin looking at her plate. Looks good. "Would you like to try some?"

Stella smiles at me pushing her plate forward.

"Sure." I grin. She spears a piece of steak with her fork and leans over feeding it to me.

The taste of char grilled sirloin and caramelized onion enlightened my taste buds. Amazing.

We talked some more, ordered dessert to-go and left.

Outside dark, gray storm clouds hovered above the city. And just as we stepped outside, rain fell in heavy sheets soaking Stella and I.

God, I love the rain.

Walsh pulls up quickly apologizing as he opens the limo door.

I just grab the umbrella from the back of the trunk.