Chaper 40

PTW Sexual Assault
What was Evan doing here?
How did he know where she was? She thought quickly who knew she was here. Jac and Kian knew she was going to Scotland and Nicky and Cam that she was going to the Trossachs but mum was the only person who knew the address. Even Fletch only knew it was near Loch Lomond. She felt her breathing quicken. "It's okay Chloe." Evan said but he sounded different, crazed, sneering and Chloe was scared. He put his face right up to hers just an inch away. "Remember your breathing exercises. Don't be scared. In for 3 and out for 5" Evan sneered she bent her back to try and get away from him and reached towards her phone that she'd put on the table "no need for that" Evan sneered and pocketed her phone Chloe was Terrified. "I told you I'd never give up on you." He said. Chloe was shocked and scared into silence. Her body was in fight or flight and she chose flight. She knew she still had her car keys in her pocket and hoped she'd be able to run that far.
She slid herself sideways off the metal chair and sprinted as fast as she could towards the front of the house. She wasn't fast enough. He rugby tackled her and turned her over slamming her head against the rocky ground. "I'm never giving up on you Chloe" he said again it was then that she noticed he had a knife. A pen knife. "I love you so much Chloe." Evan said but it it didn't sound loving. He had her arms pinned at her side and as he undid her jeans there was nothing she could do about it. She yelled but they were in the middle of nowhere. There was nobody to hear her. Find your happy place. It was something that she'd been taught to do when she felt anxious, the only issue was that for so many years this cottage was the happy place she thought of. She closed her eyes and tried to think of nothing as he forced his way inside her. She just felt pain. She struggled then realised there was no point. She reached out and felt the penknife. She pulled it into her side. Finally he pulled himself out of her. Chloe was truly fearing for her life. With the last bit of fight in She stabbed him In the stomach  and She pushed him off her. his head hit a rock and he fell unconscious. There was blood pouring out of his headwound. In any other circumstance Chloe would be applying pressure and ringing an ambulance but instead she tried to get up and run to her car. But she couldn't get that far her head was spinning and her legs wouldn't carry her she managed to crawl about ten meters away before she fell to the ground.

Ange was shocked to see two cars when Fletch pulled into the cottage. Maybe Mrs Stone who owned the place had let Chloe in. Or maybe Chloe had invited Eilidh or Sophie along. "Who's car is that? Fletch asked. "No idea." Ange answered. They went in "Hi Chloe?" No answer. "She's probably gone upstairs to the big bath, I'll go and say hi." Ange smiled and started up the stairs. Fletch went into the kitchen diner and noticed the orange juice on the table outside. He opened the door and went out he noticed someone on the ground and assumed it to be Chloe "ANGE! ANGE! Out here!" He shouted Ange heard the shock in his voice and ran down the stairs 2 at a time. By the time she got out Fletch had ran over to Evan and was applying pressure to the head wound. "Is she okay?" Ange asked panicked. "It's Evan." Fletch answered. Ange felt her heart sink and she felt physically sick. It was then that she noticed Chloe. She ran straight over to her wee girl. "Oh Chloe, Chloe, Chloe it's okay. It's okay I'm here. Oh my baby. What happened. What did he do to you?" Ange looked at her girl.

Mum was There. Chloe had no idea how long it had been. "Mum. I stabbed Him. You Have to help him. He has to live."
"I'm not leaving you." Ange said taking her daughters pulse. "You're hurt."
"Please mum."
Ange ran over to Evan noticed the head wound as well as the penknife in her abdomen. "Fletch get your car up here. We need to get them both to the hospital."
"We should ring an ambulance." Fletch said.
"No there isn't time." Ange replied looking at the amount of blood Evan had lost from his headwound "I'm a doctor. Come on."
Fletch lifted Evan,still unconscious into the back of the car while Ange went to Chloe.
"Sweetheart can you stand up?" Ange asked Chloe made no response so Ange slipped one arm under her back and helped her daughter to her feet. Chloe seemed completely closed off. Not like she was panicking. Totally different than Ange had ever seen her before. Like she wasn't even there. Ange helped her daughter walk to the car. And opened the door and Chloe climbed into the front seat. Ange sat in the back tending to Evan. "Follow the signs for Glasgow. Then I can direct you to the hospital."

Chloe had said nothing on the way to the hospital. Not even moved. Not reacted to anything. Ange had been treating Evan as best she could in a moving car. As soon as they got to the hospital Fletch ran in and quickly explained what had happened and soon there were a team of medics with a stretcher bringing him into resus. Ange and Fletch followed. A nurse stopped them at the doors to resus. "I'm a medic." Ange breathed "a consultant at Holby city hospital. I need to be in there. He can't die" 
"Okay." The nurse said "but this is Queen Elizabeth University hospital in Glasgow and you don't work here. The doctors here will do everything they can for him" The nurse placated "can you tell me what's happened?" Ange tried to explain his injuries.

Chloe had got out of the car and followed them into the hospital. It was a quiet night and a nurse noticed Chloe sat in a chair shaking. She had scratches on her face and bruises were starting to appear. Her clothes were ripped. "Hello love." The young nurse said kindly in a strong Glaswegian accent. "Can you tell me your name?"
"C..Chloe"
"Hi Chloe. I'm Lucy. Shall we get you somewhere private? More comfortable?" The nurse asked and Chloe nodded still not looking up. She followed Lucy to a cubicle. She sat on the bed and suddenly realised and looked up at Lucy "He raped me!" She spat the words out
"Ok." Lucy said "I'm just going to leave you here for one minute. I'll come straight back. I'm going to call someone. Someone who can help you. They can take you somewhere. To the SARC and they will look after you okay."