Chaper 33

"Urghhh." Nicky huffed.
"What's wrong Nicky?" Chloe asked.
"I can't find my keys." Nicky said frantically.
"Are you sure you brought them. I drove you in and I think I locked up, maybe you left them in the flat?" Chloe asked calmly.
"I don't usually leave them."
"Well if they're at home that's fine and if not then we can look more tomorrow."
"McKendrick, Goddard, why aren't you on the ward." Came the stern voice of Ms. Naylor their boss.

Evan Crowhurst was very proud of himself. He knew Chloe would have him back eventually he just needed to make sure no one had her in the meantime. So he'd taken Dr Mckendricks keys, he knew Chloe was living with them. He'd put a tracker on her phone and car when they were together to keep Chloe safe. He'd let himself into the flat and placed a hidden camera in the living room and Chloe's bedroom and a final one in the bathroom. Therefore he could check if Chloe brought anyone home and he knew If she was self harming it would be in the bathroom. He placed the keys back on the side. Nicky was so scatterbrained she could easily have left her keys. He didn't want Chloe to know. She used to get annoyed that he wouldn't give her space. But he needed to keep an eye on her to keep her safe.

Chloe picked up her phone from her locker after her shift. 10 missed calls from Evan and 8 texts. All apologetic and patronising
I'm so sorry I didn't tell you about Felix and Sophie. I know I hurt you and due to your mothers lies you're more sensitive to that and therefore you need time, but don't worry Chloe, I'm waiting for you. I'm not giving up on you.
Chloe sighed. "More from Evan?" Nicky asked Chloe nodded. "Come on we need to get to the supermarket and then I just want to get home and crash out on the sofa with some crap tv." Nicky smiled.

"Can I tempt you with a fake milk veggie stir fry thing? "Chloe asked. Her mum and her friends always teased Chloe for her use of coconut and oat milk. She just preferred them to cows milk. She was semi veggie. If she cooked for herself it would be veggie but she would happily eat meat at other times.
"Sure." Nicky smiled.
"I'll make some for Cam, put it in the fridge too." Chloe smiled.
Nicky smiled back hoping Chloe might actually eat something. She had been concerned and she knew Ange was too. Chloe plated up dinner giving herself far less than Nicky. They sat at the breakfast bar to eat, Chloe seemed tense and jumpy "You okay Chlo?" Nicky asked.
"I just feel like I'm being watched or something. I'm sure I'm just being paranoid I must be PMSing or something." Chloe said and pushed her food around her plate.

Evan smiled. She would come back to him soon enough and the cameras would let him keep her safe now too.