( CHAPTER TWENTY - LYING DOES NO GOOD )

As he closed the door to his car, Roman sighed. Charlotte's morning sickness had been bad and he had to stay home with her for the past couple of days. Too much has been going on with him and it was starting to become overwhelming, but he wasn't going to let that show to anyone. He could never bring his guard down.

He was always the first person in the office, so it gave him some peace and quiet. He walked into his office room, noticing his cousin, Joe, was there. "Fuck me," he muttered under his breath.

"How'd you get in here?" Roman asked, getting his attention. "I paid Kelly a lil' visit," he smirks. "Dude, I don't know why you let her go. The rounds with that woman? All I'm saying is, you're missing out." Roman rolled his eyes.

"Get out. I have so much shit to do, and you breathing down my neck isn't doing anyone any good," he says sitting in his seat. "I told you that I needed your decision today. Are we working together or not?"

Roman looks at him. "No."

"No?"

"Yes. I said no." Joe looks at his cousin in confusion. "But, why?"

Roman slams his hands on the desk. "Because this is the only thing that I've built up by my fucking self without the help of any family members and I don't want any of you to do some bullshit and mess everything up and make me lose my money. Just drop it, Joe. Let it go."

"Ayo, what's your deal?" Joe asks him. Roman huffs. "Nothing. Just forget about it.

"Dude. I know when something's on your mind. You know that lying does no good. Just tell me. I'm serious."

Roman sighs. "I got Ash pregnant. But the thing is I'm upset because she didn't tell me when she found out. She ran off for like, almost a month and she was scared out of her mind because she thought that I was gonna leave her or probably tell her to get an abortion. But that's not me, bro."

"The minute I talked to her, I knew I wanted her. Not even just for this job. Just to have her for me. Now, that she's holding my kid, I like, love her now. But I don't even know how to tell her that."

Joe sighs. "Dude. You have a complete family already with her. In a couple of months, you'll have a baby with her. Ain't nobody rushing you to say those words to her. You can wait to tell her whenever you'd like. You gotta take it slow though. You just hired her barely six months ago and you already got her ass pregnant," Joe then chuckles, "Can I get Kelly pregnant?"

Roman rolls his eyes. "I don't care what you do with her. She's not my problem anymore."