( CHAPTER ONE - HE'S HOT )

Charlotte sighed as she looked in the mirror as she looked at her outfit.

Her first job interview was the only thing that has been on her mind. She was thankful that her friends got her this interview. Being distant from her family, well, it came with consequences. Unfair consequences.

She pushed down her black skirt and looked down at her white pumps, bought by her ex. She wanted to burn them, but what girl gets rid of clothes not bought by her?

She fixed her blouse when she heard her door close, making her exhale. "Ashley, get your ass down here. If I'm late, I will kill you," she heard making her softly laugh. She picked up her purse and her jacket and walked out of her bedroom and into her living room, seeing her best friend, Becky in her kitchen.

"How do I look?" She asked. Becky turned around and looked at her best friend. "Oh, you're so getting that job," she smirks. Charlotte blushes. "It's not too much, right? I don't want to come off too strong."

"Please," Becky waves off, "you look hot. He's hot. You'll make hot babies." Charlotte snorted. "I'm not even meeting with him. I think with his assistant?" Becky rolled her eyes. "Kelly. I fucking hate her. Tall, blonde, green eyes. The Devil in heels."

"Uh, hello?" Charlotte says. "Not you, babe," Becky says. "But, I'm going to be late, and I told Jon that I was going to get him breakfast on the way and you know how he gets, so let's go," she sounds out as she grabs her arm, dragging her out of the apartment.

Charlotte exhaled as she tapped her foot on the floor at a fast pace. She could tell that people were staring at her as they walked past her, going to do their jobs. She was praying that she got this job. She needed it. Being unemployed for almost two and a half months has been very difficult for her, and being single for almost two weeks hasn't been much of a help either.

"Ashley Fliehr," she heard making her look up. There, was a man. His hair was in a man bun and in a black suit with a purple shirt and a white tie. "Ashley?" She hears him call again, making her snap out of her trance. "Uh, that's me," she stands up. "I'm Ashley."

She noticed him staring at her for a bit before letting out a soft smile. "Follow me," he says walking into the office. She exhaled before grabbing her purse off the floor and following him into the office.

The office was big. She could tell he was someone very important. There were awards and plaques on the wall, huge furniture that could be installed into a mansion. If this was how her office was going to be like, then she had to be the one word she had been her whole life: perfect.

"Please, have a seat. I promise, I don't bite," he winks. Charlotte blushes as she sits in the seat in front of him, putting her bag on the floor.

"I was supposed to be meeting with someone named Kelly Blank?" Charlotte asked. "My assistant, yes. But unfortunately, she isn't working for me anymore. I'm Leat' i, but you can call me Roman," he said reaching her arm out. "Oh my god, that's why you're rich as hell," she blurted. He raises an eyebrow. "Oh my god, I am so sorry," she says, "I didn't mean to say that."

Roman laughs. "It's OK. I'm not surprised," he says. "I get that a lot." Charlotte blushed. He looked down at the papers on his desk. "I can see you're nervous," he says looking up at her. "Don't be. I'm just a normal person."

"Yeah," she chuckles, "with money." Roman chuckles with her. "Why don't you tell me why you need this job?" He says. "All I even know at this point is that I'm in need of a job and my friend requested this job for me and I couldn't miss the opportunity. I've been unemployed for a while and at first money wasn't the problem, but that was before things got crazy in my personal life."

Roman nods. "I understand. I couldn't say that I was ever in your position, but I can understand it. So, what do you to do here? You know, besides, make money?" He smirks, making her laugh. "Uh, to be honest with you, I'm actually not sure."

Roman leans back in his chair. He looked at her carefully. He couldn't lie: she was a very beautiful woman. Her blonde hair flowed down to her shoulders and her body was just, perfect in his eyes.

"Be my assistant," he says. "Uh, I'm not sure if that'll be the right position for me," Charlotte stutters. "Oh come on. I have enough people working on the website, and I don't think you're good with coding," he raises an eyebrow, making her blush and shake her head.

"I also have enough trainers, interns, and workers. What I don't have," he says sitting up, putting his arms on the desk, "is an assistant. I'm sure you're quick on your feet?" He says. "Besides, the money's great and it comes with a lot of bonuses."

Charlotte sighs. "I guess?" Her answer didn't sound profound, but she meant it. All she could care about was the money and not getting kicked out of her apartment.

"Ashley?" She heard, making her focus again. "Uh, you can call me Charlotte." Roman smiles and nods. "What do you say, Charlotte? You "guess" or it's a yes?" He asks. Charlotte nods. "Yeah," she smiles. "I mean, yes." "Great. How soon can you start?"

Charlotte shrugs. "Whenever you want me to." Roman stands up, making her stand up as well. "Why don't you start tomorrow? I'll have a couple of things for you tomorrow and we'll see how things can go from there," he smiles reaching his hand out again.

Charlotte smiled as she shook his hand. "Perfect. Thank you."