( CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE - STILL CAN'T GET ENOUGH )

After his cousin left his office, Roman walked out of his office, seeing Becky's husband walking near her office.

"Hey, Jon, he announces, getting his attention. Dean looks up after hearing his name, and smiles, now walking up to his friend. "What's up, man?"

Roman shrugs as he returns the hug from him. "Just chilling." Dean nods. "I heard from Becks about you and Ash. Nice going," he says, lightly punching him in the chest. Roman chuckles.

"It's not like I meant for it to happen, but," he shrugs, "I'm having a kid, man. Like I still can't even believe it."

"You excited?"

Roman shrugs again. "I'm scared. You know how my parents were with my siblings and me. I don't want that for my son or daughter," he says. Dean looks over at his friend. "That's why you waited until you were an old ass man? Surprised you still got it."

Roman scoffs. "Haha, nice jokes, dumbass. I gotta go. I have a meeting. I'll catch you later?" Dean nods. "Yeah. I'm just gonna check up on the wife, real quick. I'll text you."

Roman smiles at his friend once more before walking into the conference room, seeing his employees there. He noticed his seat was empty, allowing him to sit there. He wished Charlotte was next to him. He sees her every morning before he leaves and every night before he closes his eyes, and he still can't get enough of her.

Was he already in love with her?

"Hi guys," Roman starts, having the small conversations dial down, allowing the attention to be on him, "before this meeting starts, I want to truly apologize for the behavior and actions that I had used on you all the past couple of weeks."

"The best excuse that I have is that there were some family issues between my siblings and I and I had projected that anger onto you guys. I know about the number of people who want to quit and leave, and you had every right to think that. I promised all of you when I first hired you that I was not going to be that shitty, controlling, rude boss and I still stand by my word on that. So, if you still decide after today that you want to quit, that is fine with me."

Roman had looked over at the people in front of him. None of them ere saying anything, rather looking at one another to see if someone was going to say anything, but no one did.

Roman smiled to himself. "Alright. If you want to talk to me after this meeting, privately, that's fine with me. I also know many of you are wondering where Charlotte is. Since she is my assistant, I had offered for her to go to a couple of conferences in my behalf to represent Baseline around France and Germany." He knew Charlotte did not agree to this, but he knew people were going to ask questions about her, and he did not need to disclose the matter of his relationship with Charlotte to any more people.

"When will she be coming back?" He heard. "If I knew, that would be a lie. You know how it was like when Kelly was here. I'm sure you all have her contact information. If you want to disclose something that was her idea or just miss her in general, you can always reach her."

They all nodded in agreement. Before he could continue with his meeting, he felt his phone vibrate in his pocket. He reached in and looked down at it, seeing it was a text message from Charlotte.

"Uh, I'll be right back. Adam, can you start on the meeting? I just have to take this real quick," he says looking at the man in front of him. Adam nods as Roman walks out of the room, calling Charlotte.

"Hello?" He heard on the other side of the line.

"Hey, are you OK? You don't usually text me on my work phone?" He asks with a little bit of concern in his voice.

"Yeah, I'm fine. There's just a little, tiny problem," Charlotte had responded, causing Roman to lift an eyebrow. "A problem that needs medical attention?" He asks.

"No, god I hope not. But do you remember when we woke up this morning and I had a killer headache?" She reminds him. "Of course. You're cute when you're complaining," he smiles, hearing her scoff.

"Well, it got worse a little bit about an hour after you left, so I decided to take an Advil, you know, to stop the headache."

"Ash, what's wrong?" Roman asks.

"Remember that one time, before I left the house we bought those viagra pills to see how crazy we could get?" He heard making him think. Soon realization came to him, and he let out a small laugh. "Ash, you didn't."

"I wasn't looking! I thought I grabbed the Advil bottle. They both have the blue top and I just grabbed it. I broke it half cause I didn't think that the entire advil would be good for the baby, so I just took half, but it still had an affect on me."

Roman chuckles. "Ash, as much as I want to, I can't leave."

"Please? Just be like you have a package to get to and they need you to come get it yourself," he heard her whine. "Plus, you've never left me unsatified, and you're not gonna start now, now that I'm pregnant."

Roman playfully sighs. "The stuff you do to me, woman. Fine. I'll be there in 30 minutes. Hang on and don't let me catch you doing anything you're not supposed to be doing."

"I'll be waiting, daddy."