( CHAPTER NINETEEN - THINGS GET BAD )

Finally lifting that huge weight off her shoulder, Charlotte moved back in with Roman. Even now, she felt as if she was still invading in his space, but whenever he had the chance, he would tell her that she was never.

"Ash," she heard the front door close. "In the kitchen."

Soon, she felt a pair of arms wrapped around her waist, letting a smile creep on her face. "I have a personal chef for a reason," he whispers. She laughs, "I know, but it's not the same if the person has been making you the same meals for the past seven years."

Roman scoffs as he leans against her. "Well, when you get huge carrying our kid, you're not gonna be cooking anymore," he says sitting down in front of the countertop. "You can't stop me," she says putting a plate in front of him. "Watch me."

"This looks delicious, babe," he smirks, looking down at the food. "Babe?" She asks, looking at him. He looks at her, with confusion. "What, you don't want me to call you that?" She shurgs her shoulders. "I don't care."

He smiles as he kisses her cheek. "I wanted to talk to you about something," she asks. He puts the fork down and looks at her. "You have my attention," he says. "Becky is already mad at me for not telling her about this, and I don't know when I'll be ready to tell anyone again. And I already made a huge impact on everyone and I just feel bad that I left without saying anything."

"You wanna go back to work?" He asks. "I don't think I'm comfortable with you going back. Especially now that you're pregnant and Drew now knows where you work," he says. She shakes her head.

"I don't wanna go back. I don't think I have the ability to come up with a believable excuse as to why I was gone. But I still wanna do work. I still like being your assistant," she smiles, making Roman laugh again. "How's this? I'll call you when I need you to do something and I'll bring you some work when I'm on my lunch break."

"But what are we going to tell people? I don't want it to seem as if I like quit or got fired," she says. "I'll say that you went to do something for me overseas and I'm not sure when you'll be back," he says. "There we go," he faces back to the food, "problem solved."

She sighs. "Alright," she stands up. Roman grabs her wrist. "If you don't like the idea, we can think of a better one, alright? I don't want you stressing over this. We'll think of something before things get bad."

She sighs once again. "I'm not worrying. I'm gonna go shower. I'll see you in bed."

AN: hello everyone!! I'm so sorry for the extremely late post!! the past couple of months, I just feel as if this app has been dead and I've not been feeling motivated to write, but if you guys want me to continue, I will!!