( CHAPTER SEVEN - MAKE HIM LEAVE )

Charlotte walked into the office, looking down at her phone when she felt it yanked out of her hands. She looked up and saw Becky there, looking upset.

"We need to talk," she whispered, taking her best friend's arm, dragging her into a room. She closed the door behind her. "Ash, you had sex with Joe?" She whisper-yelled. "Shh," Charlotte covered her mouth. "Shut your mouth."

"I was joking about sleeping with him," Becky says. "Look," Charlotte says, "it was a one-time thing. We were drunk and it just happened. What, does that make me a slut?"

"No, that's not what I'm saying," Becky says, "but you just got here, and you got out of a terrible relationship and you're having sex? Let alone with our boss?"

Charlotte scoffs. "Wow. I didn't know you were my mother. Alright. Next time I have sex with another colleague, you'll be the first one to know," she says before taking her phone away from her and leaving the room.

She closed the door behind her as she walked to her office. She saw a bag on her desk. With confusion on her face, she picked the bag up and saw a note on it:

Payback for the first day on the job. Sorry about Friday night. If you need anything, you know where to find me.

She smiled as she opened the bag, seeing an English muffin sandwich. She chuckled to herself as she put the bag down next to her computer as she sat down. She opened her drawer, looking for something when she heard someone at her door.

She looked up and saw one of her colleagues, who she hadn't learned their name. "Ashley, right?" He asks. She nods. "Someone's at the front, claiming to talk to you." She tilted her head, confused again as she stood back up, following the man.

When she got to the front, there was Drew, sitting in one of the seats. Her eyes widened as he saw her. "Ash," he said standing up walking up to her. "Wh-What are you doing here?" She asks. "You never returned my calls. I wanted to make sure that you were OK."

"I'm fine. You need to leave," she says. "How'd you even know where I worked?" He chuckled. "I love you, Ash. Please."

A wave of emotions was flooding Charlotte and she felt trapped. "Drew, you need to leave," she whimpered. "You know I can't do that. Just please," he says bringing her closer to him making him gasp, "come home with me."

She closed her eyes when she heard someone's voice. "Hey." She turned around, seeing Roman put on his jacket. "Who are you?" Charlotte makes eye contact with Roman, making him lift an eyebrow.

"I'm Ashley's boyfriend," Drew answers. "It doesn't look like it. Ash, are you OK?" Roman says. She nods. "Make him leave," she mouths softly. He looks at Charlotte and then back at Drew.

"Listen, man. I don't know who you are, but you don't work here. Nobody gets past the front desk unless they work here. So," he says walking up to Drew, "if you don't want a broken arm and nose, I suggest you leave."

Drew clenched his jaw as he let go of Charlotte and walked away. She gasped in relief as she let her tears fall down. "You're OK," he whispers, bringing her to his chest. "Oh my god, thank you so much," she whispers.

"You're OK," he repeats. "Just breathe."