•10•

-My Lord, you should get some rest. It has been...a hard day for all of us.- Leon suggested him, coming outside by his side, graceful as always. He looked at his first Knight with an unreadable gaze, his lips pressed in a thin line.

-You could say that.- he said coldly, not moving an inch. His face was hard and somberly, but his eyes were full of emotions.

-I hope I'm not being too forward, sire, but you know I am here if you ever need to talk. You are both my King and my friend, don't ever doubt that.- the man said gently, his eyes soft as always.- I...I believe you know I would pierce myself with my own sword before betraying you or Camelot. But the truth is that I swore my allegiance to the people before everything, and Merlin is part of that oath, magic or not. My devotion to them is more important to me than any title, if I may say so.

-My acknowledgement of your loyalty and beliefs were never less than that, Sir Leon. That's why I am proud to have you as one of my most trusted Knights and friends. And even if I don't want you to disobey me, I'm glad you do not fear me like you do my father. It's good to know you can talk to me.- he smiled a little, then, when he thought about what his servant always remembered him.- Merlin always says that a good King must learn how to hear before command.

-I respect your father as much as I respect you, Arthur.

-I know that.- he said calmly, his features are more relaxed now.- but you do not fear the consequences you would face against my father when you confront me.- Leon's eyes now were bigger, almost shocked and a little bit taken aback. When he opened his mouth to talk, Arthur raised his hand to interrupt him.- It makes me feel like a better man, Leon. Knowing that you can talk to me with no fear in your eyes, as a friend would do. They are very hard to come by, especially when you are the future King.

-You have friends, my Lord. You have us.

-Yes, believe me, I know that. But I always had someone first, someone who showed me that not every person in this world would protect me for my crown, but because they were my friends. And I fear I have been everything but fair to him, as he always stayed by my side when no one else would have.

-Merlin is not gone, sire. He is still here, and I doubt he would leave you...even if you wanted him to.

-He is more stubborn than he seems.- he snorted sightly, his arms crossed around his stomach.

-He is.- Leon nods gently, his face relaxed and eyes bright with hope.- He is a good friend, Arthur. I know you realize that. But...¿will you be able to forgive him?

Arthur looked at him, his eyes bright too.

-Only if he forgives me too.

-You cannot sleep either, ¿huh?- Arthur whispered to him, looking at the way Lancelot was trying to catch his dreams, clearly not succeeding

-Forgive me if I have exasperated you, my lord.