Chapter 39 - The Day Of The Dragon

Start from the beginning

"Where's Kai and Zane?" Lucy noticed.

Shade answered. "Hothead said they were on their way. Haven't seen Zane."

"Oh... I can go look for him." Lucy offered, wanting an excuse to get away. To breathe. "I'm assuming he's not answering any calls."

"You sure?" Nya asked.

"Yeah! I don't mind, besides maybe I'll remember something along the way!" She smiled.

They seemed wary but they didn't stop her.

As soon as Lucy disappeared in the woods, a new problem was found. However she didn't know about it.

Lucy entered the jungle, she quickly started looking for Zane.

But her mind was other places as her eyes scanned for her friend.

How did she do that? She never—that's not her element. She's the Master of Aether. Lloyd had mentioned by creating herself a new body, which for the record she was disappointed in herself for not making herself taller. She was still short. But she liked that her hair wasn't as frizzy, it was a calmer curly, and she noticed she had a blind eye which was pretty awesome looking. She could handle fighting with only one eye.

But that's not the problem. The problem is that whatever new power she had could end a life easily... she couldn't train it without risking people's lives.

Oh no, what if she hurt someone? What if she hurt Lloyd? Or Nya? Or Jay? Or Kai? Or any of them? She'd rather die then hurt any of them.

She couldn't harm them. She had to get a handle on these powers and until then, she couldn't use them.

Lucy closed her hand into a fist and pushed further into the woods, looking for Zane.

Lucy found herself at the top of a cliff when Chen and his men all disappeared over the horizon, all snake people.

She still couldn't find Zane. Despite her yelling the Nindroid was nowhere to be found.

Lucy sighed. She sat down at the edge of the cliff and watched her friends stand on the walls of the castle. She saw Jay freak out and the others try to figure something out.

Lucy didn't know how they could possibly leave. Their Dragons were nowhere to be found, she wasn't sure if they ever returned from growing up. Somehow the boys had lost their Golden Weapons which meant they couldn't conjure up their vehicles.

Lucy had no idea how they'd get back to Ninjago. Then she saw Zane emerge from the forest on an ice elemental dragon.

Lucy gasped. "What the—"

"Not anymore!" Lucy vaguely heard Zane as he flew over with his Dragon.

If her Aether powers actually worked she could've easily created a platform—wait when did she get powers? Hold on she doesn't remember getting an Element... must've happened later.

Lucy watched all of the Masters all jump off the wall and conjure up a Dragon. Lloyd included and that sent a shock through her mind.

Lucy gasped in pain as her hand shot up to her head. Her mind flashed with moments of Lloyd on a dragon, on an elemental dragon, of Lloyd fighting a huge terrifying black dragon-like creature, of the boy's combined dragon flying in and fighting an enormous snake.

Memories. Her mind flashed with memories.

Lucy gasped as her vision cleared once more. She saw everyone hovering above the ground and waiting, Kai had arrived while her mind had flashed.

They were likely waiting on her.

Lucy sighed. She walked back through the woods toward the coast where the others were.

I am so so sorry for the long wait. School just got a whole lot harder after the first few weeks of this semester (I have school on a block schedule so I only have Math and Science this year and it sucks). I have been working on this best I can between school and other stuff. Again, sorry for this long wait.

Anyways, what do you think? With Lucy's powers? Any guesses?

I'm excited for what's to come. Here's a little hint:

L V A

However that ^ won't come for a while so... y'all got plenty of time to guess.

Anyways, hope you guys liked this short chapter. I will be time jumping a little bit from here and basically mostly skipping over the majority of the next couple episodes.

💜 ~ Bye!