Chapter 41.5 - Harumi

18 months ago... Chapter 11 - Day Of The Great Devourer

"Give me the weapons." Garmadon urged, holding out his hands.

"Kai?" Zane looked to their friend, Kai stared down at his golden sword, thinking.

"Only I can destroy it." Garmadon insisted. "Or prepare to watch—"

"Quit your yammering and just do it." Kai tossed him the Sword of Fire. "When you have a chance to make the blow, it has a weak spot near his forehead." By now, everyone but Jay has given the Dark Lord their weapon.

Jay gave him the Nunchucks of Lightning. "Uh, I don't think this needs to be said, but we're gonna need these back."

Garmadon chuckled darkly. "I'll do my part. You just make sure he stays in one spot." He laughed and ran away.

"Stays in one spot? Stays in one spot!? How are we supposed to do that?" Jay demanded.

"Don't forget: we're Ninja." Kai reminded them as they began to formulate a plan.

"You two go find a place to hide." Nya ushered Lloyd and Lucy away.

Lloyd, still holding Lucy's hand, pulled her away from the middle of the park and they searched for a hiding place.

Lucy was looking around when she saw a building about to collapse and two people in the window, without a way out.

She knew they'd die, Lucy may be young and naive but she understood death.

She wanted to save them. She had to save them.

Lucy tore her hand from Lloyd's and she ran to the building.

"LUCY WAIT!"

Lucy ran through a crowd, effectively but accidentally losing Lloyd in it, and climbed up a window. Unknowingly creating platforms out of a purple, shimmery, iridescent, celestial matter under her feet and allowing her to climb in the window.

"Oh my gosh!" A woman gasped.

"You guys have to get out!" Lucy said. She looked around and her eyes landed on a closed elevator door.

"What—"

"Come on!" Lucy picked up a metal rod and shoved it into the gap of the door. "Help me open it!"

The two adults helped the young, 8 year old, girl pry the door open, exposing an elevator shaft just as the ropes that would normally pull up the elevator snapped and they heard the elevator fall.

Lucy looked down. Three stories... she trusted her gut.

"Come on—"

"Sweetheart," the woman took her hand, "it's alright. You need to leave while you can."

The building shuddered and Lucy knew they had only seconds.

"Jump!" She grabbed both their hands and jumped down the shaft.

Neither of the adults, likely a couple, was ready for that and fell with her. Their own hands interlaced.

It felt like time slowed as Lucy fell, they landed... oddly softly on the broken elevator, which was level to the basement.

The man could barely reach the ground floor door.

"Honey go!" The woman ordered. Now trusting the little girl that unknowingly softened their three story fall.

The man climbed up and through the open doors, he reached down and helped both his wife and Lucy up.

They ran for the door just for everything to crumble before they reached the entrance.

From the outside, it looked like they barely escaped unless you were close to the door, like a white haired little girl, however on the inside, it was a different story.

Lucy shoved them both forward, the dust getting in her eyes and preventing her from seeing the instinctively created walls that kept the ceiling up for only two seconds longer, but those two seconds got all three of them out.

Lucy rolled out, laying on the stone, panting.

Lloyd ran up to her as she got to her feet. "Where did you go?! Don't go running off towards falling buildings!" He said, fear and worry but also relief in his voice.

Lucy nodded mutely, tired and sapped of her energy.

"Come on, the ninja almost defeated it!" Lloyd pulled her away.

Lucy glanced back to see the couple she saved hugging a little girl, a couple years older than her, and holding onto her. They saw her leaving with Lloyd and smiled thankfully. Lucy smiled back before she rounded the corner.

They ran out and saw the Great Devourer stuck around a block of buildings.

"They did it!" Lloyd said excitedly. "Where's Dad—"

"Look!" Lucy shouted, pointing at the sky. The sky became engulfed by dark clouds where Garmadon was on the roof of a skyscraper.

"Dad!" Lloyd gasped.

Garmadon unleashed a purple energy as he jumped down.

"Go get him, Dad." Lloyd said and Lucy nodded in agreement.

The siblings watched as their father destroyed the Great Devourer, the younger of the two unaware of the impact she made that day.

And that's how Lucy prevented the entirety of Season... 9 from happening? 9 or 8, idk. The one with Harumi as the villain.

Basically, Lucy saved Harumi's parents, meaning Harumi never became the Princess or smth and won't be a villain. Mostly because I haven't seen that season and do not plan too. Any seasons that take place after that... I don't know them and therefore will likely not be written, I was watching Ninjago back when Chima replaced it for those few months, the first season I saw released was season 3, I haven't been able to see the newer seasons.

Not to mention I'm not the biggest fan of their new appearances/Lloyd's voice actor. Nothing against them, it just feels off and messes with my childhood because they are my childhood.

Also, I will be posting the next chapter later tonight because of how short this one is. Also I have a major question in store but I can't really ask it until I post the next chapter so...

I hope you guys are excited for this arc!

💜 ~ Bye!