Chapter 60 - The Time Twins

Lucy sat at the window-side table of a coffee shop, a steaming cup of tea sitting by her as she watched the rain fall out the window.

She wore a soft purple sweater and jeans, a purple ribbon held her hair up. The colours in gentle contrast of her green and grey eyes.

As she got halfway through her drink, Lucy reached into the saddlebag that sat in the chair beside her, pulling out a laptop and booting it up.

She opened her files and went to a camera SD card.

Lucy silently scrolled through the many photos on her laptop. There were ones of engagements, weddings, birthday parties, other events of the sort.

She put the ones that were related in their own files. The soft chatter of people moving through the cafe, the soft but audibly grinding of coffee beans, the occasional jingle of the front doorbell, and the gentle patter of rain against the window made quite the aesthetically pleasing moment.

It was only made better by the scent of coffee and chocolate filtering through the air.

It was weird that Lucy wasn't out there on the ship that flew just visibly beneath the clouds, but she preferred this much more.

After the hospital 'escape', Lucy had ended up making sure the time blade ended up in her brother's hands. A reunion had happened, one filled with apologies on both ends.

Lucy had apologised for her actions, as did the others, though they didn't need to apologise. Not in Lucy's mind.

They didn't do anything wrong.

They didn't allow a century old element possess them.

They didn't burn half the forests in Ninjago.

They didn't cause damage that completely changed the geography of Ninjago.

They didn't try to kill their family.

They didn't try and destroy the world.

Lucy took everything that happened and she stepped away.

Lloyd begged with her to stay, to help defeat the Time Twins, but Lucy denied him.

"You'll be fine," Lucy told him softly. "You guys don't need me. I'm sixteen now? That means I can — at least legally — get a job, I can legally drive the streets without wearing a ninja gi so I'm not pulled over. You don't have to worry about me."

He still did, but Lucy was stubborn enough and left.

She didn't have a job, she had a backpack with some clothes, a dagger, and her camera.

So she did what she did best, take pictures and help people.

One thing led to another and by the end of the week, Lucy found herself hiding in a tree and taking pictures of an engagement scene.

From there, she moved to social media and received a request from someone who needed a last minute photographer for their wedding since their pre-booked one had gotten into a car accident a few days prior and would be unable to attend.

Lucy never thought her photography was good for a profession, but as it turns out, it's better than she thought.

It's been two weeks since Lucy woke up, just over a week since she last had contact with Lloyd or the Ninja.

Lucy was content being normal, no big villain to fight, no possessions, nothing. Just... simplicity.

It was nice.

Hours passed before Lucy finished her work on her laptop and she shut it. Her tea was long since finished and she placed her items back into her backpack.